Pearson North America Expands in New York City
- Pearson Taps Internet- And TV-Savvy Executive To Head New Media Division. // Electronic Education Report;04/12/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p3
Reports on Pearson PLC's development of an educational television business, called Pearson Broadband Education Television.
- Pearson Makes Moves As It Readies Learning Network for Sept. Launch. // Educational Marketer;07/10/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p4
Presents information on the Learning Network online education venture of London, England-based Pearson PLC which will debut in September 2000 on the Internet.
- Pearson plc CEO Scardino Guides Pearson Education Onto The Internet. // Electronic Education Report;02/14/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p8
Reports the incorporation of Pearson Education into the Internet by Pearson PLC chief executive officer Marjorie Scardino in New Jersey. Amount of annual online revenue generated by Pearson; Plans for a product launch in varying schools; Features of the online Learning Network.
- Simplified Applications for International Students. // Language Magazine;Jun2010, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p34
The article reports on the partnership between Pearson PLC and the CollegeBound Network (CBN) to boost the development of global education.
- News Briefs. // Electronic Education Report;9/19/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p8
The article offers news briefs on the launch of the Pearson Reading Maturity Metric reading technology by Pearson PLC and the move of Discovery Education Inc. to upgrade its streaming service for the school year 2011-2012.
- News Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;4/28/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p8
The article offers news briefs related to education including Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman's signing of a law to create a statewide testing program in reading, math, and science and the U.S. Department of Defense Education Activity's award of a contract to Pearson to provide elementary...
- Internet Investments Impact Pearson plc's Bottom Line For Fiscal 2000. // Electronic Education Report;03/14/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p6
Reports the sales performance of Pearson PLC in the United States for the year 2000. Integration of the National Computer System and Learning Network businesses; Plan of the company to launch NCS4School, a school and classroom management tool; Investments in Internet enterprises.
- WriteToLearn 3. // Tech & Learning;Dec2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p16
The article evaluates the WriteToLearn 3 automated text analysis technology from Pearson Knowledge Technologies.
- Pearson Shuffles Team; Kilburn to Replace Ethridge. // Electronic Education Report;5/27/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on the move of Pearson PLC to reorganize its executive team by appointing Don Kilburn as head of Pearson North America, a position handled by Will Ethridge who will continue to work for the firm in an advisory capacity. Pearson's strategic move aims to accelerate its shift to...