ANOMIE AND INTEGRATION IN ISRAELI SOCIETY AND THE SALIENCE OF THE ISRAELI-ARAB CONFLICT
- Whose country is it? Bethell, Tom // American Spectator;Jan1998, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p18
Dwells on the growing cultural war in Israel. How the balance of power in the state is divided; Effects of the increasing influence of the ultra-orthodox minority and the American culture on the Israeli society; How the peace process contributed to the cultural war.
- Israel's Greatest Enemy: Israel. Alterman, Eric // Moment Magazine;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p12
In this article the author discusses the impact of the flotilla raid on Israel and the Jewish people. He muses on the arrogance, lawlessness and incompetence displayed during Israel's attack to the humanitarian flotilla. The author thinks that neither Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu nor his...
- Notes on church-state affairs: Israel. Hendon, David W.; Kennedy, James M. // Journal of Church & State;Winter97, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p184
Reports on the developments related to church-state affairs in Israel. Reactions to a court ruling that blocked the Sabbath closing of Bar-Ilan street in Jerusalem; Yasser Arafat's call for protest on the lack of progress in the peace negotiations; Talks in Washington, D.C.
- Peace and tourism flourish together. Lisella, Maria // Travel Agent;11/13/95 Supplement Israel, Vol. 277 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the favorable conditions for tourists due to Israel's peace talks with neighboring Arab nations. Increase in access to Biblical sites; Revival of the tourism industry; Upcoming cultural and social events. INSET: Coming attractions..
- Before and after. LeVine, Mark // Tikkun;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p14
Comments on continuous war in the territories of Israel. Information on structural violence in Hebron; Psychological or physical torture which affects the families of Palestinians imprisoned by Israel; Statements from Dr. Haider Abdul-Shafi, elder statesman of Palestinian politics in Gaza.
- The big picture. Post, Marlene E. // Tikkun;May/Jun98, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p60
Opinion. Comments on social conditions in Israel, focusing on advancements made in the country's health services. Reference to Israel's 50th anniversary; Aspects of politics in Israel; Information on medical aid in Israel; Cynicism on Israel's political situation; Description of medical...
- How Israel has trapped itself. Wall, J.M. // Christian Century;11/8/89, Vol. 106 Issue 33, p1003
Editorial. Criticizes Israel's focus on territorial security at the expense of its spiritual health. The hazards of keeping people under occupation for so long; Tax revolt in Beit Sahur.
- Palestine after Desert Storm. Burtchaell, J.T. // America;6/22/1991, Vol. 164 Issue 24, p679
Looks at ways of achieving regional peace in Israel through providing homeland for the Palestinians. Limited rights in Israel for Palestinians; West Bank and Gaza Strip as possible Palestinian homeland; Increased emigration of Jews to Israel; Proposal to restore Galilee and the Triangle to...
- Modern, secular ways battle notion of biblical homeland. Battersby, John // Christian Science Monitor;5/22/96, Vol. 88 Issue 124, p9
Focuses on the social and economic revolution in Israel. Social, economic and political events reshaping the country; Challenges to the religious and communal values that epitomize Judaism; Development of Israeli individualism; Relations with other Arab countries.