Effects of Peppermint Scent Administration on Cognitive Video Game Performance
- Effects of Wii Tennis Game Play on Pain Threshold and Tolerance During a Cold Pressor Task. Raudenbush, Bryan; Kolks, Jonathan; McCombs, Kristin; Hamilton-Cotter, Alexandra // North American Journal of Psychology;2011, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p491
Previous research has shown psychological and physical benefits can be gained by playing video games, such as a distraction from pain and maladaptive behaviors, and can facilitate social engagement. The current study examines whether the Nintendo Wii tennis video game can serve as a distraction...
- Gaming to prevent falls. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Jun2013, Vol. 94 Issue 1117, p9
The article focuses on a study led by the Southern Cross University School of Health and Human Sciences to investigate how playing Nintendo Wii balancing video games can prevent falls in the elderly.
- SAY "Wii" to WEIGHT LOSS. Hancock, Michelle // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Sep2008, Issue 311, p78
The article examines the efficacy of innovative technologies like Nintendo Wii Fit video games and simulation systems in establishing healthy benefits to children. Traditional video games are feared by parents to cause obesity in their children prompting manufacturers to integrate their product...
- An Exploratory Study Examining the Appropriateness and Potential Benefit of the Nintendo Wii as a Physical Activity Tool in Adults Aged â‰¥ 55 Years. Kirk, Alison; MacMillan, Freya; Rice, Mark; Carmichael, Alex // Interacting with Computers;
This study investigates the physical exertion of playing the Nintendo WiiÂ® (Wii) and determines the appropriateness and potential benefit of it as a physical activity tool for older adults. Twenty healthy adults (aged 61Â±6 years) took part in a single session using a selection of the Wii...
- Wii needs to prove it can be more than just a tad. Marsh, Cairo Kenan; McCaughan, Dave // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/19/2009, p14
The article reports on the decline of Nintendo's Wii games console to 43% in the first half of 2009 compared to 2008 in Japan.
- Gaming Across Different Consoles: Exploring the Influence of Control Scheme on Game-Player Enjoyment. Limperos, Anthony M.; Schmierbach, Michael G.; Kegerise, Andrew D.; Dardis, Frank E. // CyberPsychology, Behavior & Social Networking;Jun2011, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p345
Many studies have investigated how different technological features impact the experience of playing video games, yet few have focused on how control schemes may affect the play experience. This research employed a between-subjects design to explore the relationship between the type of console...
- Gaming at the library?! Brooks, Connie // Free Press (Buda, TX);6/10/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 10, p2C
The article reports on the Teen Time at the Kyle Community Library which offers wii games for anyone between the ages of 13 and 19.
- It's all good. Crosby, Christine // Grand Magazine;Apr2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about the Sexiest Granddad Award and another by Debbie Baisden on how she and her grandchildren play Nintendo's Wii games together.
- Tying the knot gets teachers in a knot. // ATA News;11/20/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p2
The article presents issues related to education including the controversy over teachers shortening their classes to attend a wedding and the use of Nintendo Wii video games for a college course.