Effects of Wii Tennis Game Play on Pain Threshold and Tolerance During a Cold Pressor Task
- Effects of Peppermint Scent Administration on Cognitive Video Game Performance. McCombs, Kristin; Raudenbush, Bryan; Bova, Andrea; Sappington, Mark // North American Journal of Psychology;2011, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p383
Past research suggests the positive effects of both video game play and the benefits of peppermint scent administration. The present study assessed the combination of video game play and peppermint scent administration on physiology, mood, game performance, and task load. Participants completed...
- Gaming to prevent falls. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Jun2013, Vol. 94 Issue 1117, p9
The article focuses on a study led by the Southern Cross University School of Health and Human Sciences to investigate how playing Nintendo Wii balancing video games can prevent falls in the elderly.
- SAY "Wii" to WEIGHT LOSS. Hancock, Michelle // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Sep2008, Issue 311, p78
The article examines the efficacy of innovative technologies like Nintendo Wii Fit video games and simulation systems in establishing healthy benefits to children. Traditional video games are feared by parents to cause obesity in their children prompting manufacturers to integrate their product...
- Nintendo blocks user chat on Bebo. // New Media Age;12/4/2008, p01
The article reports on the decision of Nintendo to disable user communication and feedback on a British social media campaign. A major campaign was launched by the games company on Bebo to promote the release of its Animal Crossing Wii game, but decided to disable the wall feature. Consumer...
- MINERVA. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;1/30/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7740, p270
This section presents summaries of medicine- and health care-related research. A study found that single mothers' self-esteem and parenting skills have improved after attending a support group programme. Serious injuries can be caused by wet kite strings and they must be represented in medical...
- Wii needs to prove it can be more than just a tad. Marsh, Cairo Kenan; McCaughan, Dave // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/19/2009, p14
The article reports on the decline of Nintendo's Wii games console to 43% in the first half of 2009 compared to 2008 in Japan.
- Gaming at the library?! Brooks, Connie // Free Press (Buda, TX);6/10/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 10, p2C
The article reports on the Teen Time at the Kyle Community Library which offers wii games for anyone between the ages of 13 and 19.
- It's all good. Crosby, Christine // Grand Magazine;Apr2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about the Sexiest Granddad Award and another by Debbie Baisden on how she and her grandchildren play Nintendo's Wii games together.
- Tying the knot gets teachers in a knot. // ATA News;11/20/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p2
The article presents issues related to education including the controversy over teachers shortening their classes to attend a wedding and the use of Nintendo Wii video games for a college course.