Effect of Inorganic and Organic Fertilizers on the Performance and Profitability of Grain Amaranth (Amaranthus caudatus L.) in Western Kenya
- HuMates unlocks the soil. // New Zealand Dairy Exporter;May2008, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p129
The article evaluates the Humates organic product and ingredient of organic fertilisers.
- Friendly Fertilizers. // Habitats Newsletter;Apr2005, pN.PAG
Provides tips in choosing the right fertilizers for plants. Chemical components of many commercial fertilizers; Suggestions in buying organic fertilizers.
- AMARANTH: ANOTHER HIGH LYSINE, HIGH FIBER GRAIN. Irwin, Christopher // Saturday Evening Post;Jan/Feb85, Vol. 257 Issue 1, p26
Presents recipes for amaranth dishes. Amaranth Fruitcake; Apples Amaranth; Amaranth Corn Bread; Whole-Wheat Bran and Amaranth Muffins; High-Lysine Corn Meal/Amaranth Pancakes.
- How Does Compost Compare? // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Jun2006, Vol. 30 Issue 188, p20
Presents information on the components of compost, a well balanced, gentle fertilizer. Percentage of nitrogen content of compost; Amount of compost needed to replace a 5-pound bag of 10-10-10 fertilizer; Micronutrients provided by compost to plants.
- Improving soil health. Nichols, Randy // Landscape & Irrigation;Sep2004, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the nutritionally valuable compounds from soybeans required for germination and improving soil health. Reasons why soybean extract fertilizers work; Comparison between prior application of soybean fertilizer and the result after the application; Benefits associated with soybean liquid...
- Full spectrum fertilizer. // Landscape & Irrigation;Aug2004, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p24
Features Soil Technologies Corp.'s Micro-Gro Plus bio-fertilizer. Formulation; Contact information; Web site.
- Organic Turf Nutrition. Stachlewitz, Rusty // American Nurseryman;Mar2010, Vol. 210 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses the significance of using synthetic fertilizers to make lawn organic. It reveals that with the emergence of synthetic fertilizers, the understanding of plant nutrient usage and organic sources of plant nutrients improved. It notes the benefit of using organic fertilizers...
- Get Your Nutrition -- For Turf, That Is. // Golfdom;Jan2005, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p86
Presents information on several fertilizers and nutrient products for turfgrasses. NITAMIN Steady-Delivery fertilizers from Georgia-Pacific Resins; LiquiGreen slow-release liquid from Regal Chemical Co.; True Foliar NPK Phosphite 10-20-16 from Milliken Turf Products; Organic fertilizer from...
- Chromium-Containing Organic Fertilizers from Tanned Hides and Skins: A Review on Chemical, Environmental, Agronomical and Legislative Aspects. Ciavatta, Claudio; Manoli, Chiara; Cavani, Luciano; Franceschi, Clizia; Sequi, Paolo // Journal of Environmental Protection;Nov2012, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p1532
A category of chromium (Cr)-containing fertilizers is represented by the fertilizers deriving from by products of tanning process. Their use is widespread because of their good agronomic response due to the high content of slow release organic nitrogen (N) and carbon (C). They do not represent...