Effect of Inorganic and Organic Fertilizers on the Performance and Profitability of Grain Amaranth (Amaranthus caudatus L.) in Western Kenya
- top seed. Roberts, Annalise // Vegetarian Times;Mar2010, Issue 375, p44
The author discusses how the grain-like herb amaranth is used and provides a recipe for amaranth breadsticks.
- Food of the Month: Amaranth. Boubion, Michelle Basta // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Nov99, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p100
Provides information on amaranth, a grain that serves as a protein source for bodybuilders. Nutritional benefits that can be gained from amaranth; Preparation of the grain; Nutrient profile.
- amaranth, grain:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p444
A reference entry for grain amaranth, the common name for the plant Amaranthus Amaranthus caudatus or hypochondriacus that belongs to the Amaranthaceae family, is presented.
- HuMates unlocks the soil. // New Zealand Dairy Exporter;May2008, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p129
The article evaluates the Humates organic product and ingredient of organic fertilisers.
- Ancient grains for modern nutrition. Robertiello, Jack // Americas;May/Jun96, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p58
Presents recipes for cooking quinoa and amaranth grains. Quinoa Bean Salad; Quinoa Pilaf; Amaranth, Corn and Bean Medley; Amaranth Cornbread.
- AMARANTH: ANOTHER HIGH LYSINE, HIGH FIBER GRAIN. Irwin, Christopher // Saturday Evening Post;Jan/Feb85, Vol. 257 Issue 1, p26
Presents recipes for amaranth dishes. Amaranth Fruitcake; Apples Amaranth; Amaranth Corn Bread; Whole-Wheat Bran and Amaranth Muffins; High-Lysine Corn Meal/Amaranth Pancakes.
- Friendly Fertilizers. // Habitats Newsletter;Apr2005, pN.PAG
Provides tips in choosing the right fertilizers for plants. Chemical components of many commercial fertilizers; Suggestions in buying organic fertilizers.
- SK Food Launches Supergrains. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Jul2010, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p40
The article announces that SK Food International launched an organic amaranth and quinoa flakes as an addition to its extensive line of premium quality ingredients for all types of cooking.
- Close the seed bank. PROSTKO, ERIC // Southern Farmer (1541-2008);Sep2011, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p22
The article presents the author's insights on how to control Palmer amaranth plants, in which he suggests considering first seed-bank management.