Success with Room to Grow
- Study Suggests Link Between Planner Retirement Advice and Client Lifestyle Changes. Guyton, Jonathan // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2011, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p28
The article discusses the results of the 2011 retirement income study of the Financial Planning Association (FPA). According to the findings of the study, planners who use the systematic withdrawal methodology for retirement income generation have outnumbered other approaches. It says that...
- 'Yes' to FPA plan. Munro, Caroline // Money Management;4/14/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p3
The article reports on the decision of financial planners to approve the three-year strategic plan of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) that aims to improve professional standards and increase education requirements in Australia.
- Advisors sidestepping annuities in retirement planning. Hersch, Warren S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;Nov2015, Vol. 119 Issue 11, p18
The article discusses a study which reveals that the financial service professionals are neglecting guaranteed income products when advising boomer clients about their retirement income planning. It says that the survey findings were disclosed by The Phoenix Cos. Inc.'s unit Saybrus Partners in...
- APPLIED PLANNING: Healthcare Strategies in Retirement Income Planning. King, Rebecca // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p8
The article offers information on the health care strategies for retirement income planning in the U.S. It mentions that financial advisors are more likely to provide access to health insurance, assist health care in the long run, and provide access to Medicare supplement insurance if they used...
- Flexible Retiree Spending. // American Banker;5/17/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 76, p7
The article notes the advice of certified financial planner Donna Skeels Cygan about retirement planning and flexibility in retirement spending.
- Income Plan Seems to Be Relationship Key. Cornfield, Jill // Plan Advisor News;2013, p87
No abstract available.
- Finding Success in Retirement Income Planning. King, Rebecca // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2012, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p38
The article discusses wealth management and retirement income planning, with a focus on the Financial Planning Association's (FPA) survey "2012 Financial Adviser Retirement Income Planning Experiences, Strategies, and Recommendations." Topics include surveys of financial planners' strategies,...
- The Fiduciary Standard Time Has Come? // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2015, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p8
The article focuses on the statement by U.S. President Barack Obama in February 2015 which called on the Department of Labor to update the rules and requirements that retirement advisers prioritize the best interest of their clients. Topics discussed include the support of the Financial Planning...
- Struggling for Growth. Paikert, Charles // Financial Planning;Jan2015, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p30
The article focuses on the struggle of financial advisors for business growth as revealed by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) in its latest study 2014 Drivers of Business Growth. The study suggests that advisors should improve the way they interact with centers of influence. The advisors...