Study Suggests Link Between Planner Retirement Advice and Client Lifestyle Changes
- Success with Room to Grow. Schulaka, Cony // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2011, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p34
The article discusses the results of the 2011 study of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) regarding retirement income planning. It mentions that the study revealed a general level of success among experienced planners, although they still need to improve. Moreover, the study found that...
- 'Yes' to FPA plan. Munro, Caroline // Money Management;4/14/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p3
The article reports on the decision of financial planners to approve the three-year strategic plan of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) that aims to improve professional standards and increase education requirements in Australia.
- Advisors sidestepping annuities in retirement planning. Hersch, Warren S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;Nov2015, Vol. 119 Issue 11, p18
The article discusses a study which reveals that the financial service professionals are neglecting guaranteed income products when advising boomer clients about their retirement income planning. It says that the survey findings were disclosed by The Phoenix Cos. Inc.'s unit Saybrus Partners in...
- APPLIED PLANNING: Healthcare Strategies in Retirement Income Planning. King, Rebecca // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p8
The article offers information on the health care strategies for retirement income planning in the U.S. It mentions that financial advisors are more likely to provide access to health insurance, assist health care in the long run, and provide access to Medicare supplement insurance if they used...
- Why Advisors Aren't Closing More Cases. VESSENES, KATHERINE // Research;Jan2014, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p55
In this article, the author discusses stories to help the financial advisors to improve their relationship with clients resulting in the increased advisors' income. Topics discussed include determining the need and issues of target prospect, issues related to the clients' financial conditions...
- Flexible Retiree Spending. // American Banker;5/17/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 76, p7
The article notes the advice of certified financial planner Donna Skeels Cygan about retirement planning and flexibility in retirement spending.
- Income Plan Seems to Be Relationship Key. Cornfield, Jill // Plan Advisor News;2013, p87
No abstract available.
- Finding Success in Retirement Income Planning. King, Rebecca // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2012, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p38
The article discusses wealth management and retirement income planning, with a focus on the Financial Planning Association's (FPA) survey "2012 Financial Adviser Retirement Income Planning Experiences, Strategies, and Recommendations." Topics include surveys of financial planners' strategies,...
- Still MIA: Comprehensive Retirement Income Best Practices for the Mid-Market. Meredith, Betty // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p32
The article discusses mid-market comprehensive retirement income planning, and presents an overview of best practices for junior retirement planners. Suggestions including evaluating consumption replacement rates instead of income replacement rates, putting risk-reducing behavior and...