Older Americans Struggle to Find Work
- Kohl Rolls Out Older Worker Agenda, Results of GAO Study on Federal Older Workers. // Aging News Alert;2/27/2009, p3
The article informs that U.S. Senator and chairman of the Senate Special Committee on Aging Herb Kohl along with his colleagues introduced three bills to make it easier for older U.S. citizens to reenter or remain in the workforce. He also released results of a study conducted by the Government...
- Age discrimination lawsuit usually not the best course of action. O'Donnell, Jeanine; Dauten, Dale // Jefferson County Journal;8/17/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 33, pE9
The article provides an answer to a question about the possibility for a 69-year-old man to find a job in the U.S.
- Name changes for meals, transportation program. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/4/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p2
The article provides information on the Central Texas Senior Ministry's "Meals and Wheels - We Deliver" program.
- Open internships to older, experienced applicants. // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;Oct2010, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p2
The article reports that workers with more than 10 years of experience at the ages of 50 or older are applying for internships as indicated in the survey conducted by CareerBuilder in the U.S.
- APPENDIXES. // GAO Reports;3/31/2011, p42
An appendix is presented of the ways of functioning of the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) in providing federal fiscal assistance.
- GAO upholds protests on Oshkosh truck contract. Tiron, Roxana // Hill;12/15/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 147, p12
No abstract available.
- Latest High-Risk List Adds Two Entries. Tuutti, Camille // Government Financial Management TOPICS;2/19/2013, p14
The article informs that the newly released High-Risk Series from the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) holds seventeen items which have ion the list for a decade.
- Appendix XII: GAO Contact and Staff Acknowledgments. // GAO Reports;1/26/2009, p78
A variety of staff acknowledgements that appeared in the January 2009 issue of the U.S. "Government Accountability Office" are presented.
- Older Workers Need More Flexible Policies. Gurchiek, Kathy // HR Magazine;Jan2011, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on testimonies presented before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in relation to the investigation of the impact of the recession on older workers and the legal issues surrounding age discrimination.