Critical Care Staff Nurses: Empowerment, Certification, and Intent to Leave
- CH134 Assessing Perceptions and Barriers to Nursing Certification. Fumera, Joy // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, pe45
An abstract of the article "Assessing Perceptions and Barriers to Nursing Certification" by Joy Fumera is presented.
- CH125 Chapter Celebrates Certification. // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, pe71
An abstract of the article "Chapter Celebrates Certification," by Louise Jacobs is presented.
- CH159 Focusing the Flame: How the Oklahoma City Area Chapters Focus Challenged Nurses to Go That Extra Mile. Morris, Elizabeth; Pope, Jacquetta; Dunnington, Deron; Gullotto, Melissa; Pineda, Georgiana; Jones, Marquita; Mennis, Virginia // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, pe78
An abstract of the article "CH159 Focusing the Flame: How the Oklahoma City Area Chapters Focus Challenged Nurses to Go That Extra Mile" by Elizabeth Morris and colleagues is presented.
- JOB SATISFACTION AND INTENTION TO LEAVE AMONG CRITICAL CARE NURSES IN SAUDI ARABIA. Alasmari, Hajar Ali; Douglas, Clint // Middle East Journal of Nursing;Jul2012, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p3
The article presents a study that examines the relationship between the job satisfaction of registered nurses (RN) and their reasons of leaving the critical care nursing in Saudi Arabia.
- The effects of mindfulness training program on reducing stress and promoting well-being among nurses in critical care units. Hee Kim Lan; Subramanian, Pathmawathi; Rahmat, Norsiah; Phang Cheng Kar // Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing;Mar-May2014, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses a study that aimed to determine the level of stress, anxiety and depression, among critical care nurses participating in a brief mindfulness training program (b-MBCT), evaluate the effectiveness of b-MBCT in reducing perceived stress, anxiety and depression and evaluate the...
- EB130 Stepping Forward Together: Creating a Culture of Membership and Certification. Olivier, Rosemary // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, pe43
An abstract of the article "Stepping Forward Together: Creating a Culture of Membership and Certification" by Rosemary Olivier is presented.
- EB151 Keeping Patients Safe: Development of Certification Tests. Konick-McMahan, Joanne; Noe, Cindi // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, pe76
An abstract of the article "Keeping Patients Safe: Development of Certification Tests" by Joanne Konick-McMahan and Cindi Noe is presented.
- The Value of Oncology Nursing Certification. Brown, Carlton G.; Murphy, Cynthia Miller; Norton, Vicki; Baldwin, Patricia Donahue; Ponto, Julie // Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing;Dec2010, Vol. 14 Issue 6, pE63
The attainment of oncology nursing certification indicates that a nurse has the knowledge and expertise to competently care for patients with an actual or potential diagnosis of cancer. Research regarding the value nurses associate with certification is lacking; therefore, the Oncology Nursing...
- Acute mental health nurses as therapists: A survey of the opinions of trainee nurse therapists and their patients in acute mental health provision. Mathers, Billy // Journal of Nursing Education & Practice;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p50
Background/Objectives: The use of psychosocial interventions has been shown to improve the functioning of individuals with serious mental disorders such as schizophrenia. Such skills have been taught to mental health nurses in community settings for many years and have been well evaluated but...