In Our Unit. Focusing on Mind, Body, and Spirit While Caring for Patients and Their Families
- Keeping Patients Safe During Intrahospital Transport. Day, Darcy // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2010, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p18
The article provides an organized framework for safe intrahospital transport of critical care patients. It states that the standard for intrahospital transport is to render the same level of care that is available in the intensive care units (ICUs) because there is a greater chance of problems...
- CARE IN THE AIR. Carlowe, Jo // Nursing Standard;1/12/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p18
Two high-flying nurses talk to Jo Carlowe about their new roles as critical care practitioners in an airborne patient retrieval team.
- EB85 Reducing Patient Falls in a Surgical Intensive Care Unit. Kozub, Elizabeth; Ravelo, Aileen; Gamboa, Maria; Worthy, Karen // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, pe41
An abstract of the article "Reducing Patient Falls in a Surgical Intensive Care Unit" by Elizabeth Kozub and colleagues is presented.
- Assessment tools for determining appropriateness of admission to acute care of persons transferred from long-term care facilities: a systematic review. Renom-Guiteras, Anna; Uhrenfeldt, Lisbeth; Meyer, Gabriele; Mann, Eva // BMC Geriatrics;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background Residents of long-term care facilities have a high risk of acute care admission. Estimates of the frequency of inappropriate transfers vary substantially throughout the studies and various assessment tools have been used. The purpose of this study is to systematically review and...
- Dissecting an ANNP: a closer look at the role. Mayes, Andrea // Infant;May2014, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p92
No abstract available.
- Centralisation of paediatric intensive care and a 24-hour retrieval service. Roussak, Penelope // British Journal of Nursing;1/9/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p25
This article aims to analyse the effects of the centralisation of paediatric intensive care (PIC) and the requirement for a 24-hour retrieval service, as outlined in Standards for the Care of Critically Ill Children (Paediatric Intensive Care Society, 2010). It affects staff at district general...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Brown, Verlia; Janik, Barbara A.; Hodgson, Jeanne // RN;May75, Vol. 38 Issue 5, pICU14
Presents comments on articles related to intensive care unit (ICU) nursing. Orientation program for nurses who are to work in the ICU; Alternative activities of ICU nurses during slack days; Issue over the floating of staff nurses in the ICU.
- GUIDELINES FOR LASTING LEGACIES IN CRITICAL CARE NURSING. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p12
Editorial. Discusses the elements of critical care nursing that are part of legacy to future generations of critical care nurses.
- CORRECTIONS. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p19
Presents corrections in some June 2002 articles of the 'Critical Care Nurse' periodical. Correction in the article 'Assessing Tissue Oxygenation'; Correction in the article 'Prone Positioning of Trauma Patients With Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome and Open Abdominal Incisions.'