RISK SUMMARY: THAILAND
- Economic Growth: Consumer Demand - Outlook. // Vietnam Country Monitor;Feb2012, p6
The article presents an outlook for consumer demand in Vietnam for 2012 which include favorable private consumption due to wage increase, sustained economic growth and higher minimum wage as part of the resolve of the government to lift living standards and as an attractive destination.
- Alternatives to the "Race to the Bottom" in Vietnam. Ngoc Tran, Angie // Labor Studies Journal;Dec2007, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p430
This case study focuses on strategic mediating roles of labor newspapers. Concentrating on minimum wage strikes from 2005 to 2006, it shows the state's pro-foreign direct investment policy, tensions between state bureaucracies and labor unions, and their debates. It demonstrates alternatives to...
- chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2006 2nd Quarter, p12
The article provides an economic outlook for Vietnam in 2006.
- chapter 5: Key Sectors. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2006 3rd Quarter, p37
The article reports on developments related to the key economic sectors in Vietnam.
- chapter 4: Special Report. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2009 1st Quarter, p33
The article reports on issues and topics influencing the economy of Vietnam, with emphasis on the ability of U.S. to influence the global economy.
- Executive Summary. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2009 3rd Quarter, p7
The article presents an overview of the economic, political and growth rate of Vietnam for the third quarter of 2009.
- chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2010 1st Quarter, p15
The article presents an economic outlook for the first quarter of 2010 for Vietnam.
- Chapter 4: Business Environment. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2011 2nd Quarter, Issue 2, p23
The article focuses on the business environment in Vietnam in 2010 relative to its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Executive Summary. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2012 1st Quarter, Issue 1, p5
The article provides an overview on the economic condition of Vietnam for 2011 and 2012.