- Deal preview: Hybrid bidding seen for $130 million Virginia Housing sale. Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;07/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30186, p2
Announces the $131.5 million bond issue of the Virginia Housing Development Authority on July 15, 1997 that offers an innovative quirk aimed at enticing investors. Terms of the program; Bidding process highlights.
- The Trend Is to Blend. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31184, p1
Reports the unblended taxable debt deals of the Virginia Housing Development Authority. Intention of blending taxable debt with tax-exempt debt; Compliance with legislation hiking the private-activity bond volume cap; Sale of taxable single-family mortgage bond passing certificates.
- Virginia Housing Agency Readies $107M Under NIBP. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;1/25/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33254, p5
The article reports that the Virginia Housing Development Authority will sell homeownership mortgage bonds to retail investors as part of its second act under the New Issue Bond Program of the Treasury Department.
- VHDA Seeks to Cut Costs by Selling Pass-Throughs. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;01/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31060, p4
Reports on the Virginia Housing Development Authority's sale of taxable single-family mortgage bond pass-through certificates. Structure of the bonds; Predictability of the cash flows.
- Virginia's Busy January. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p1
The article reports on the deals offered by state-level agencies in Virginia. The remarketing of a $150 million portion of a $650 million deal issued by the Virginia Housing Development Authority is included in the offerings. The $150 million remarketing by the housing authority is the largest...
- SIMPLE TECHNOLOGY with BROAD APPLICATIONS. Jones, Ed // Mortgage Banking;Aug2000, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p60
Presents information on the automated underwriting technology offered by mortgage lenders in the United States. Virginia Housing Development Authority; SolunaFirst Mortgage; First Franklin Financial Corp.
- More placements expected in military mortgage program. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;07/29/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30693, p5
Reports on the popularity of the Virginia Housing Development Authority's (VHDA) mortgage program for military personnel and their families. Forecast of an increase in private placements of taxable bonds with banks; Placement of taxable debt with BB&T by VHDA; Provision of below-market loans to...
- Mortgages to go. Cutter, Sean // State Government News;Nov97, Vol. 40 Issue 9, pVIII
Focuses on Virginia's mortgage lending services for low-income families. Recognition of the program by the Council of State Governments (CSG) through its 1997 Innovations Awards; Housing Development Authority's use of a converted recreational vehicle called the Mobile Mortgage Office to deliver...
- Virginia housing agency, bank to offer low-cost mortgages to military. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/13/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30640, p8
Focuses on Virginia Housing Development Authority and the BB&T Financial Corp.'s offering of below-market mortgages to United States Navy and Marine Corps personnel. Virginia housing agency's plan to place taxable bonds with BB&T; BB&T's efforts to meet requirements of the Community...