Pioneering a New Distribution Path
- Get in the Game. Shields, Mike // MediaWeek;3/22/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on an Internet television channel on the web site You Tube called Machinima Sports which has been developed by the firm Machinima Inc.
- YOUTUBE. LEARMONTH, MICHAEL // Advertising Age;2/27/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p36
The article focuses on the Internet entertainment company YouTube, discussing the company's plan to create original Internet television programming on its Web site as a means of generating advertising revenue.
- SIVOO: A One-Stop Shop for Viewers and Advertisers on the Web. Kay, William // Equities;Jun2007, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p116
The article deals with the Internet television and video-on-demand advertising services offered by SIVOO. The company provides subtitles to English-language programs and puts English subtitles on programs produced in Spanish, Chinese and Hindi languages. The firm announced a contract with...
- Back Away From Plan for Network Video Site. // Television Week;12/18/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p8
The article opposes the plan of television broadcast networks to set up an Internet video site to rival YouTube. There is a supposition as to why television networks want to establish an Internet video site. Television networks must find and distribute quality television entertainment. They must...
- A feature future via YouTube? Brodsky, Katherine // Variety;4/11/2011, Vol. 422 Issue 9, p13
The article looks at Rainmaker Entertainment, an animation production company which created a channel on the website YouTube that will air an animated series titled "Zapped!" The company's plans to build a following for the cartoon's characters and create a full-length feature film are discussed.
- How new media TV is winning the war against online piracy. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;10/19/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p19
The article looks into how Google Inc. will tackle YouTube Inc.'s copyright issues. When the news of Google's deal to buy YouTube was announced, people asked why Google is willing to pay so much for the video-sharing site. The largely unathorized use of copyright material by YouTube has led...
- 30 seconds on... EastEnders. // Marketing (00253650);10/28/2009, p18
The article offers historical background behind the development of the television (TV) program "EastEnders" in Great Britain. The TV program was launched on BBC One in 1985, and has been one of the country's top-rated programmes since its launch. It is stated that the more than a half of...
- Wait-and-See Attitude Proves Costly on Web. // Television Week;3/26/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p9
The author reflects on the failure of television companies to outpace YouTube in the realm of Web video. He says that YouTube succeed by letting its fans post content owned by media companies which created copyright violations. He points out that television companies are capable of surpassing...
- TV time at YouTube. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;11/20/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 35, p10
The article reports that television shows of full length can be watched on a web site owned by YouTube LLC in Great Britain. A contract has been signed by YouTube and a local terrestrial web channel to facilitate this.