NTIA Pulls Plug on $80M Lousiana Broadband Grant Alliance
- $27 MILLION. // MinnesotaBusiness;Dec2010, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p6
The article presents statistics on the amount that the U.S. Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) has awarded to the Connect Minnesota under the State Broadband Data and Development Grant Program (SBDD).
- Numbers. // Multichannel News;10/8/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p30
The article presents information on a report of the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration on Broadband Technology Opportunities Program (BTOP) which highlights that the grant recipients spend 420 million U.S. dollars to deploy services in the third quarter of 2012.
- States to get $116 million for FirstNet planning. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;9/27/2013, p3
The article announces the 54 grants that were awarded to U.S. states including Alabama, Maine and Wisconsin through the U.S. Commerce Department's National Telecommunications and Information Administration's (NTIA) State and Local Implementation Grant Program (SLIGP) in 2013,
- NTIA releases information on planning grant program for 700 MHz LTE. Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;8/23/2012, p3
The article presents the views of the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) on the requirement and designing of nationwide long-term evolution (LTE) network. It states that the network will be established by using a five year 135 million dollars planning grant...
- G4S Technology LLC Completes Fiber To The Home Network For UC2B In Illinois. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;11/22/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 47, p9
The article reports on the completion of a fiber to the home project by broadband network pioneer G4S Technology that will enhance the living quality of customers in Champaign/Urbana, Illinois as of November 22, 2013. It notes that the project was realized mainly through a 22.5-million-dollar...
- FIRST STEP IN CREATING A BROADBAND SAFETY NETWORK. Brown, Alex // Public Management (00333611);Sep2012, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p12
The article focuses on the establishment of a public-safety network for creating communication network that meets modern-day demands of U.S. first responders. It states that the U.S. Congress has submitted a Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012 to set aside the D-block or...
- NJWorks@ Libraries: Going the Extra Mile. MULVIHILL, AMANDA // EventDV;Mar2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the $5.1 million in grant funding received by New Jersey State Library in New Jersey from the National Telecommunications and Information Administration in the U.S. to provide assistance for job seekers. It notes that the grant application was part of the Broadband...
- Development of the State and Local Implementation Grant Program for the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network. Strickling, Lawrence E. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;5/16/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 95, p28857
The article reports on the Request for Information (RFI) issued by the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) which seeks comments on issues regarding the establishment of the State and Local Implementation grant program. It states that NTIA developed the program...
- Kids grants. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/5/93, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p32
Announces that the National Endowment for Children's Educational Television (NECET) is accepting applications from producers of children's TV programing who may be eligible for $3 million in federal production grants appropriated by Congress as a result of the Children's Television Act of 1990. ...