DirecTV Reports Blockbuster Quarter
- DirecTV gets March madness. // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Reports the offering of `Mega March Madness' package via pay-per-view by DirecTV Inc. in El Segundo, California.
- Sky-high subscriber gains for DirecTV in Q2. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;8/6/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 42, p21
The article reports that DirecTV Inc. has reported an addition of 100,000 subscribers in the U.S.
- Latin Beat Drives DirecTV's Results. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that subscribers of DirecTV Inc. has increased in domestic operations and performance in its Latin America operations in the first quarter of 2011.
- DirecTV Missed Q2 Sub Target. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p20
Reports the decrease of DirecTV Inc. subscriber for the second quarter of 2002 in the U.S. Effect of the issue on the management of the company; Status of company sales; Plan on the change of price.
- Direct TV bows PPV service for gay auds. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/8/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the Here! Pay Per View service of DirecTV Inc. in the U.S. Design of the service; Number of independent theatricals the service will offer; Price offerings for the theatricals.
- The Selling of Sunday Ticket. // Multichannel News;8/13/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p8
The article announces that DirectTV Inc. offers its exclusive "NFL Sunday Ticket" package featuring high-definition games, plus a "Game Mix" mosaic channel for 199.95 dollars in the U.S.
- HDTV's Newest Selling Point: Football. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p18
This article focuses on football as the centerpiece of new marketing campaigns. DirectTV Inc., and major cable companies are all making football the centerpiece of new marketing campaigns aimed at selling high-definition programming packages and televisions. DirecTV is the exclusive distributor...
- Why broadcasters face an uphill struggle to reinvent themselves. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;10/15/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p19
Focuses on the launching of FilmFour, C4's pay-television (TV) channel in Britain, on November 1, 1998. Program schedule of the first FilmFour broadcast; Implications of the launching of FilmFour; Challenge faced by C4.
- Pay TV Gains Subs for 2nd Straight Quarter. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that as of March 31, 2011, pay television (TV) industry has gained video subscribers for the second straight quarters through cable TV and telephone service providers with a total of nearly 439,000 video customers.