YouTube Goes Professional
- YouTube vs old tube in sporting arena. Tiltman, David // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;2/11/2010, p11
The article reports on the deal between Individual Premier League (IPL) and the YouTube video platform of Google Inc. which allows YouTube to make live coverage of IPL, however, the deal has gained complaints from television companies regarding monopolistic coverage.
- NewsNet ties TV, Web news inserts. Frankel, Daniel // Electronic Media;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p14
Focuses on NewsNet Central's combination of broadcast news inserts and Internet news content into a single product for stations. Mortar between the Internet and television broadcasting; Partnership with the money news Web site Quicken.com.
- Guest Commentary: Broadcast News Can Still Trump the Web. Frank, Reuven // Television Week;12/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p6
The author reflects on the advantages of network news broadcasts over newspaper Web sites. He claims that there are still many U.S. citizens who watch network news broadcasts because even though they have already learned about a particular news event, they need the validation that they have come...
- ELECTION DAY DURESS. Fisher, Dennis; Musich, Paula // eWeek;11/13/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p11
Focuses on the news Web sites' coverage of the November 2000 election in the United States. Demand for election information from online users; Dominant theme of most online election coverage; Television networks' efforts to integrate the Web with their on-air coverage.
- Stations getting personal with web newscasts. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/25/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 24, p119
Reports on Internet service provider Zatso's partnership with broadcasting firms to offer Internet-based local television newscasts in the United States. Zatso chief executive officer Roger Keating's comments on Internet programming; Features of the company's Internet broadcasting service.
- You Tube hosts ICIS TV forum. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/23/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 4, p19
The article focuses on launch of the channel ICIS TV by the company International Chemical Information Service (ICIS) in collaboration with YouTube LLC. It reports that the channel will provide daily news update "News@One" from worldwide chemical industry including news on chemical prices and...
- Election Content Explodes. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;11/6/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p9
The article focuses on the use of online outlets in congressional elections coverage by local television (TV) stations in the U.S. in November 2006. A Consumer Internet Barometer study found that news is the most popular form of TV content online. CBS-owned stations plan to stream the speeches...
- Lessons from HuffPost Live's bold web launch. DEL REY, JASON // Advertising Age;8/20/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 30, p1
An interview is presented with Roy Sekoff, President of HuffPost Live, an Internet television news broadcasting service of the online journalism Website Huffington Post. Sekoff says the first week of broadcasting has gone better than he had hoped. He states that the service broadcasts 12 hours a...
- Programming Politico's Future With Video. Warzel, Charlie // Adweek;5/7/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 18, p11
The article focuses on Politico Live, the Internet television operation of the online journalism Website Politico which reports on U.S. politics and government. Improvements in the production quality and quantity of the broadcasts of Politico Live are examined in terms of the possibility the...