U.S. Economic News Could Narrow HY Spread
- EMEA High Yield Totals $60B YTD. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/17/2013, p32
The article reports that high yield bond new issues in Europe in the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions totaled 60 billion U.S. dollars year-to-date, which the Moody's Investors Service considered a record volume.
- Moody's: Commodity Sectors Fueling 'Fallen Angels'. Lewis, Jakema // High Yield Report;10/26/2015, p5
The article talks about an October 2015 report from financial services company Moody's Investors Service which showed that no single junk-rated issuer was considered from investment-grade status in the third quarter of 2015 and that several fallen angel companies are on review for a downgrade.
- HY Bond Protections Strengthened in November, Moody's Says. Lewis, Jakema // High Yield Report;12/9/2015, p3
The article reveals the improvement of the covenant quality of high-yield bond issues in the U.S. in November 2015 indicating better bond protections for noteholders, according to Moody's Investors Services.
- EMEA Maturity Wall Tough to Scale After 2013. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;10/18/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p5
The article reports on the study published by Moody's Investors Service Inc. which shows that the maturity wall of leveraged loan and high yield bond debt is going to be difficult for companies in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. It states that junk bond markets with a reduced...
- Moody's: Index Forecasts Wider HY Spread. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/4/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p2
This article announces a report issued by Moody's Investors Service which suggests that an index used to measure national economic activity may indicate a wider high yield bond spread.
- Moody's: Better HY Recoveries Mean Thinner Spreads. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/13/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p7
The article focuses on a report issued by Moody's Investors Service which indicated that a higher recovery rate on defaulted junk bonds will mean thinner high yield spreads.
- Triple-C HY Bonds Hit Record Issuance. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/24/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p10
This article reports on a year-to-date record for issuance posted by junk bonds rated in the CCC category by Standard & Poor's or the CAA category by Moody's Investors Service.
- European High Yield Will Improve in '02. Husband, Sarah // Bank Loan Report;1/14/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p1
Forecasts the status of the European high yield market in 2002. Significance of former investment grade credits in the high yield market; Factors that could lead to a decline in corporate bond issuance in 2002; Prediction from Moody's Investor Service on the market.
- Default Rates Head Ever-Lower... // High Yield Report;6/14/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p2
Reports on the drop in the global issuer-weighted speculative-grade default rate in May 2004 according to Moody's Investors Service Inc.