Recoveries Improved in Latest Default Cycle
- Moody's Remains At 2.3%. // Bank Loan Report;10/18/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p3
Reports that the global speculative-grade default rate remained unchanged from August-September 2004 in the United States. Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s prediction that the global speculative-grade default will drop by the end of 2004 but will move up by the end of September 2005; Firms with...
- Next Default Cycle May See Bigger Losses. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/4/2013, p31
The article reports that the longer cycle of defaults in the high yield bond market in 2013 will result to more losses among investors than they did during the 2009-2010 cycle, according to Moody's Investors Service. In addition, the rating agency projects lower recoveries for creditors during...
- Moody's: Default Rate Falls in November. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/12/2011, p16
The article reports on the 1.8% decline in the global speculative-grade default rate in November 2011, according to Moody's Investors Service.
- Moody's: Default Rate Ends Q2 at 6.1%. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/12/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p7
The article reports that the global speculative-grade default rate went down to 6.1% in the second quarter of 2010, according to Moody's Investors Service.
- Moody's: PIK Toggle Debt Leads to More Defaults. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/17/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 46, p6
The article reports on the study by Moody's Investors Service Inc. which found that the payment-in-kind (PIK) toggle debt option for borrowers may lead to more default payments.
- Moody's says defaults doubled last year. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;03/02/98, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p30
Presents information from the Moody Investors Service report, on the default of issuers in the financial industrial sector. Number of issuers who defaulted on $8.56 billion of long-term publicly held corporate debt in 1997; Indepth look at the default of issuers; Comments from Sean C. Keenan,...
- April Saw Better Protections for HY Bonds. Lewis, Jakema // High Yield Report;5/18/2015, p14
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. said that investor protection was at the weakest level in April 2015.
- Moody's Says Half of Defaults Came from PE. Rozens, Aleksandrs // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/29/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p9
The article focuses on a report issued by Moody's Investors Service on non-financial businesses that defaulted in 2009. The report revealed that 77 defaults in 2009 came from private equity (PE). It claimed that 261 issuers with debt rated by Moody's defaulted in 2009, which affected 328.9...
- Moody's: Default Rate Eases in May. Sheahan, Matthew // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/14/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p19
The article deals with a Moody's Investors Service report which revealed that the global speculative-grade bond default rate has declined to 7.5% in May 2010 from 9% in April 2010.