Samson Forgoes Institutional Loan Market
- HOW KKR GOT BEATEN AT ITS OWN GAME. Hylton, Richard D.; Welsh, Tricia // Fortune;5/2/1994, Vol. 129 Issue 9, p104
Compares the overall performance of buyout firms, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. and Forstmann Little & Co. Dominance of the leveraged buyouts of the 1980s by the two firms; Failure of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts to earn great fortunes for its investors; Acquisitions by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and...
- KKR AND INVESTORS TO BUY SAMSON INVESTMENT CO. FOR $7.2 BILLION. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;12/1/2011, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p6
The article reports that an buyer group of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., Natural Gas Partners, and Itochu purchased TIPRO Explorer member firm Samson Investment for 7.2 billion dollars.
- PE Changing in Big Way. Holman, Kelly // High Yield Report;7/20/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on the efforts of private equity (PE) firms to look beyond traditional leveraged buyouts for new investment opportunities as debt is still hard to acquire in 2009. In an effort to put some 535 billion U.S. dollars in uninvested capital to work, these financial sponsors are...
- Using leverage. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;12/01/97, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p72
Focuses on the leverage buyout of RJR Nabisco in 1989, by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and Company. Predictions by Brian Brille, managing director and head of Morgan Stanley's healthcare services group; Information on a partnership with two LBO firms. INSET: One healthcare company's leveraged buyout..
- The Buyout Barons Bring Gains with Pain. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jul2002, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p25
Focuses on the success of the leveraged buyouts of Kohlberg, Kravis & Roberts. Management style of the company; Contributions of Henry Kravis, one of the company's founders, to the company.
- SEIU Launches Attack on Private Equity. MacFadyen, Ken // Investment Management Weekly;4/30/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p5
The article focuses on the study "Beyond the Buyouts," released by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU). The study discusses the inequality between the workers at companies being controlled by leveraged buyout firms and the investors themselves. The SEIU presented the profiles of The...
- Investors Make Room For HCA's Ten-Ton Deal. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p1
The article reports on the issues concerning HCA Inc.'s high yield bond offering of $5.7 billion which caused it to struggle in finding investors in the U.S. It is inferred that the bonds are a part of a leveraged buyout of $33 billion for Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., Bain Capital LLC, and...
- High Yield, the Lesser Evil for Samson? Clouse, Carol J. // High Yield Report;12/5/2011, p23
The article examines the manner by which KKR is funding the buyout of Samson Investment Co. through an asset-based loan paired with bridge-to-high yield bond facility. It notes that the financing strategy has been used during the height of buyouts and is now making a return. The author also...
- KKR ABCP vehicle chases spread. D. M. // Asset Securitization Report;4/24/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the launching of KKR Financial Corp.'s asset-backed commercial paper program called KKR Atlantic Funding in San Francisco, California. It provides information on the maximum amount of secured liquidity notes that KKR would issue through the program. The company is...