AMR CDS Pricing in 16.5% Recovery
- policy transportation. // Hill;3/18/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p21
The article reports that the airline holding company AMR Corp., parent company of American Airline, has asked the U.S. Bankruptcy Court to extend the airline's deadline to present a bankruptcy exit plan.
- American Airlines dropped from S&P 500 Index. // Caribbean Business;3/20/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p26
Reports on speculation that American Airlines will seek Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Dropping of American Airlines parent company AMR from the Standard and Poor's 500 index; Airline's low market capitalization and stock price; Predicted filing for bankruptcy in May 2003.
- American Airlines files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. // Buying Business Travel;Jan/Feb2012, Issue 54, p16
The article reports that American Airlines Inc. (AA) and its parent company AMR Corp. have filed for a Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to reorganize their finances, while operating their normal flight schedule.
- Peru And Brazil CDS Spread To Hit Parity. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/27/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p10
This article reports on the possible mispricing in the relative credit default swap (CDS) contracts of Peru and Brazil, as of February 2012.
- A Financial Transactions Tax Hiding in Plain Sight. Mcmickle, John // American Banker;1/29/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 15, p1
The article discusses the proposal to impose a financial transactions tax on Wall Street trading as of January 2015. Topics include the fee to be imposed on the sale of certain financial assets like stocks or credit default swaps, the revenue to be generated by the tax and its potential to curb...
- Does the Tail Wag the Dog?: The Effect of Credit Default Swaps on Credit Risk. Subrahmanyam, Marti G.; Tang, Dragon Yongjun; Wang, Sarah Qian // Review of Financial Studies;Oct2014, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p2927
We use credit default swaps (CDS) trading data to demonstrate that the credit risk of reference firms, reflected in rating downgrades and bankruptcies, increases significantly upon the inception of CDS trading, a finding that is robust after controlling for the endogeneity of CDS trading....
- American Airlines. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/20/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 3, p16
Reports American Airlines and its pilots' union are in a cooling-off period following a federal mediator's decision that their talks on a new contract are at an impasse. Probability the pilots will strike if no agreement by February 15, 1997; A Boeing aircraft order at stake; American parent...
- THE LINK BETWEEN CREDIT DEFAULT SWAPS AND STOCK MARKETS IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPE. Patev, Plamen; Marinova, Elena // Dialogue (1311-9206);Dec2013, Issue 4, p1
Our study aims at testing whether there is long-run relationship between the CDS and stock markets in seven countries of Eastern Europe. First, we define specifics of the seven CEE stock markets and CDS spreads. We have found that they show different performance characteristics -- stock markets...
- Credit Derivative Evaluation and CVA Under the Benchmark Approach. Baldeaux, Jan; Platen, Eckhard // Asia-Pacific Financial Markets;Sep2015, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p305
In this paper, we discuss how to model credit risk under the benchmark approach. Firstly we introduce an affine credit risk model. We then show how to price credit default swaps (CDSs) and introduce credit valuation adjustment (CVA) as an extension of CDSs. In particular, our model can capture...