U.S. Loan Refi Reaches Record for YTD
- Massachusetts DOT Set to Refinance $2.27 Billion of Big-Dig Debt. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/4/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33276, p20
The article reports on the plan of the Department of Transportation (DOT) to refinance the outstanding senior and subordinated Metropolitan Highway System bonds worth 2.27 billion dollars to help fund the Central Artery Project, Big Dig, in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Credits Join the Queue Both in US and Europe. // High Yield Report;1/13/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p2
Reports on refinancing needs of companies in the U.S. Notes issuance of Fisher Scientific; Rate of the deal.
- NOLA OKs Refunding. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/31/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33723, p7
The article reports that New Orleans City Council in New Orleans, Louisiana has approved a proposal for the refinancing of an estimated 310 million dollars outstanding debt.
- Dubai loan deals build confidence. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/22/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 29, p7
The article reports that refinancing deals have signaled the return of confidence in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, which was reeling under a debt crisis.
- Keep an Eye on Funding. // Origination News;May2009, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p4
The author reflects on the constraints associated in the move of financial institutions to refinance small or startup players in the U.S.
- HARP volume strong in July. // Mortgage Banking;Oct2012, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p21
The article reports that refinanced loans for the Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) have increased in July 2012 in the U.S.
- `Streamlining' called a key spur to recent boom in refinancings. Saft, James H. // American Banker;11/2/93, Vol. 158 Issue 210, p11
Reports on the effect of streamlined refinancing procedures on repeated refinancings. Streamlined refinancing's effect of increasing the financial incentive to refinance; Varied definition of streamlined mortgage; Low-cost and no-cost mortgages as the real reasons behind the change.
- Remortgages the lowest since 1999. // Mortgage Strategy;10/ 1/2012, p11
The article focuses on the LMS Remortgage Report which shows that remortgaging in Great Britain in August 2012 accounted for the lowest proportion of gross mortgage lending since 1999.
- Poster Asks About Purchase/Refi Share Split. // National Mortgage News;4/23/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 30, p1
The article presents views from several notable people on mortgage purchase, refinance and share split in the U.S.