Baselier mechanical weeder now in UK
- Bring an agronomist to buy next sprayer. BECHMAN, TOM J. // Dakota Farmer;Dec2014, Vol. 133 Issue 12, p44
The article focuses on the role of agronomists in buying a perfect sprayer for weed control featuring proper droplet size.
- Spraying problems, nevermore. Furlong, Roxanne // Farm Industry News;Jan2001, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p87
Features Raven Industries' weed control spray products. SCS Sidekick direct injection system; Raven single-product control consoles; Plunger-style boom valve; Swath Smart DGPS light-bar system.
- Weed control for production. Drury, Sally // Horticulture Week;7/5/2013, p37
The article offers information on the equipment used by grower Stephen Holmes in his 400-acre Wellbrook Farms near Faversham in Kent, England to control weed. It mentions that Holmes uses Micron Undavina shielded sprayer and Spraydome 600 arms to spray under mature blackcurrant plants. Moreover,...
- ProductsJustOut. // Horticulture Week;2/3/2012, p35
The article evaluates several agricultural equipments and supplies including AW Series: thermal technology, a weeding technology from Weeding Technologies, Toro harrows from Opica, and Kubota RTV1140 utility all-terrain vehicle from Kubota Tractor Corp.
- Dow's Enlist system reduces drift up to 3-fold. // Southeast Farm Press;3/14/2012, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p21
The article reports that the new Enlist Weed Control System, which is a technology that features an up to three-fold reduction of the amount of physical herbicide drift from Dow AgroSciences LLC will help farmers to address weed control challenges.
- OLD SPRAY TOOL COMEBACK. STALCUP, LARRY // Corn & Soybean Digest;Feb2012, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p28
The article focuses on hooded sprayers, a tool that is making a comeback on some farms. The hoods enable the herbicide to attack and kill the resistant weed without damaging the corn, according to Jarvis Garetson, a Kansas grower who farms near Sublette. Garetson bought the Redball 420 Layby...
- Maps for weeds. Yontz, Mark // Farm Industry News Exclusive Insight;9/17/2014, p1
The article discusses the benefits of mapping technology to farming operations, particularly in the area of weed management. According to Mark Licht, a cropping systems expert from Iowa State University Extension, mapping technology can be used to mark points in the field where weed problems...
- WHAT'S IN YOUR SHED? // Farmers Weekly;11/21/2014, Vol. 162 Issue 18, p72
An interview with sheep farmer Dylan Owen is presented. When asked about his favorite dealer for agricultural equipment, he refers to RVW Pugh in Churchstoke, England, and David Jones Motorcycles in Newtown, England. Owen mentions the Quad-X trailed weed wiper recently purchased by him, and...
- Grower field day attracts big crowd. Arbuckle, Kellie // Australian & New Zealand Grapegrower & Winemaker;Jan2012, Issue 576, p32
A preview of the products exhibited at the Growers' Practical Viticulture Field Day held on November 11, 2011 is presented, including the SprayPro R-Series recovery and recycling vineyard sprayer from FMR Group, Bertonu Arcobaleno recycle fungicide spray unit, and the Clemens Radius 860...