BEST OF MULTICHANNEL.COM
- INBRIEF. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;01/22/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p14
Reports developments in the broadcasting industry in the United States as of January 2001. Endorsement of the digital television (TV) technology; Increase in the ratings of Temptation island TV program; Development of safety rules for TV news vans; Issuance of 11 broadcasting principles for the...
- Surviving the Summer. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;09/11/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 35, p8
Reports on the growth of cable and broadcast ratings in the United States as of September 2000. Gap between cable and broadcast ratings in prime time; Increase in advertising-supported cable; Television networks with failed ratings in August 2000.
- Kudos for 'Weeds'. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;3/16/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 55, p8
The article reports that television program "Weeds" has won the international honor at the Royal Television Society's program awards.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/24/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 26, p21
Reports developments related to the broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of June 2002. Decline of the television rating for 'Martha Stewart Living'; Increase viewership for the U.S. Open golf tournament; Launch of 'My Life is a Sitcom' by the Music Television.
- Summit proposed to `fix' sweeps. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;1/20/97, Vol. 127 Issue 3, p31
Reports on the proposed meeting among broadcasters in the United States to address the television program ratings process. Obstacles to changing the system; Impact on advertisers; Criticisms over the ratings system employed by Nielsen Media Research.
- Syndication wrap-up. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/13/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p44
Lists the top twenty television programs and five news magazines in the United States as of March 2000. Includes details on Wheel of Fortune; Jeopardy; Entertainment tonight; Oprah Winfrey Show; Inside Edition; Access Hollywood; National Enquirer TV.
- 'Fear' dear to Peacock win streak. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;7/18/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 32, p14
Reports on the rating performance of television stations based on the Neilsen Rating for July 9-15 in the United States. Effect of the unscripted series 'Fear Factor' and the rebroadcast of 'Jurassic Park' on the ratings performance of the National Broadcasting Co. Inc.; List of top programs in...
- Share and share alike? Gay, Verne // Adweek Southeast Edition;06/01/98, Vol. 19 Issue 22, Adweek unfront p54
Focuses on the significance of a 20 share rating for network prime-time television shows. Why a 20 share for a network television show is considered a success; Information on how shows were rated in 1993; What a 20 share for a scheduled prime-time show mean for a network; Discussion on why...
- NIELSEN JAN. 17-23 RATINGS. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/31/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 5, p29
Presents tabular representations of ratings of several broadcasting networks in the U.S. according to Nielsen Media Research from January 17-23, 2005. Top cable television programs; Ratings of broadcast networks; Top television shows.