SBCA Wants Philly to Dish Out Some Love
- SBCA Sues Over Spectrum Sharing. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p24
Reports the lawsuit filed against the Federal Communications Commission by the Satellite Broadcasting & Communications Association (SBCA) for the D.C. Circuit in the U.S. Effect of terrestrial operations on satellite subscribers; Members of SBCA; Protection of subscribers from interference.
- NAB Contests DBS Local-Signal Rules. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p36
Reports that the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) has challenged the United States Federal Communications Commission's direct broadcast satellite local-signal regulations as of February 19, 2001. Lawsuits filed by the NAB, Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association and...
- Opposites detract in video inquiry. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;08/10/98, Vol. 128 Issue 33, p17
Reports on the conflicting views of cable industry and satellite companies on the inquiries conducted by the United States Federal Communications Commission on the status of multichannel competition. Remarks from the National Cable Television Association; Stand of the Satellite Broadcasting and...
- DBS defends its turf. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;03/26/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 13, p44
Reports on developments related to the satellite television market in the United States as of March 26, 2001. Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association's call on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to reconsider its decision to allow Northpoint Technology to share spectrum...
- News from SBCA. C.L. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/31/97, Vol. 127 Issue 13, p97
Focuses on various developments concerning the Satellite Broadcasting & Communications Association (SBCA) as of March 31, 1997. Includes demonstrations of dual-feed satellite dishes at SBCA's annual convention in Las Vegas, Nevada; Expected announcement of a breakthrough in the joint efforts of...
- SBCA Tunes In Radio As DBS Merger Looms. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/5/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p3
Highlights the Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada. Participants on the event; Schedule of the activity; Venue of the event.
- Innovation Rules At SBCA Show. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/2/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p26
Highlights the Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association convention in Las Vegas, Nevada. List of participating electronic appliance manufacturers; Details on the products exhibited during the convention; Convention theme.
- Cyber-SBCA. Shaw, Russell // Electronic Media;07/13/98, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p16
Looks at the information which can be found on the Web site of the Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association (SBCA). Web address of the site; Information on the SBCA's 1998 annual convention on the site; Features of the site.
- Wright to Lead DBS Trade Group. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;12/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p14
Reports the appointment of Andy Wright as president of Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association in the United States. Take over of the direct-broadcast satellite; Work experience of Wright; Educational background of Wright.