NET ZERO WHY NEW NET RULES WON'T CHANGE THINGS MUCH
- Neutrality, May It Please the Court. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;4/28/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p4
The article focuses on the draft Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on legal backing for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) network-neutrality rules as of 2014. Topics discussed include, proposal of the rule by the FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler, allowance of internet service providers...
- Media Funds Ride Waves of Uncertainty. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;3/2/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p24
The article offers information on impact of several issues on the media-sector mutual funds in the fourth quarter of 2014. Topics discussed include pending merger between telecommunication firms Comcast-Time Warner Cable as a sign to reduce distribution positions; open internet regulation under...
- Court Gets Another Crack At Net-Neutrality Rules. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;9/9/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p18
The article offers information on the consideration of the U.S. government efforts to regulate the network neutrality by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. circuit. It mentions that the attorney that helped the Comcast Corp. in overturning the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC)...
- Making a Case For Court-Watching. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;1/7/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p28
The article reports that federal judgments could assist in the decision of the future of the U.S. communications policy in 2013. It discusses the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC)'s network neutrality rules and its ability to define its own power. It also talks on the commission's...
- Net-neutrality rules to take effect in November. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;9/23/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 130, p12
The article announces that the network neutrality rules of the Federal Communications Commission will take effect on November 20, 2011 in the U.S.
- Lawsuits Ready as Net Neutrality Rules Take Effect. // Multichannel News;9/26/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p3
The article reports on lawsuits that await the U.S. Federal Communications Commission with the implementation of the network-neutrality rules on November 20, 2011.
- Void for Vagueness? // Broadcasting & Cable;8/3/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 27, p30
The article discusses the legal challenge launched by telecommunication and cable service providers against the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's network neutrality rules and the Title II of the Communications Act.
- Table Talk. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/29/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 35, p40
The author comments on how the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) should explain its net neutrality proposals to net neutrality activists to prevent a repeat of the legal challenges against the rules.
- Das Net Neutrality. HOLLOWAY, DANIEL // Back Stage (1946-5440);9/29/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 39, p5
The article reports on the new net neutrality rules by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which would effectively prevent broadband service providers from discriminating against particular types of content.