CAB Site Sheds Light On Black Consumers
- CAB Guides More Hispanic Ad Dollars. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p22
Reports the guide of Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) on Hispanic advertising dollars and Spanish-language networks in the U.S. Dissemination of the guide to executives with companies, agencies, and multiple-system operators; Provision of the guide on information on Hispanic household...
- CAB Sets Affil Promo Committee. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;11/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p14
Reports the creation of the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) in New York. Design to improve the deals between networks and affiliates; Lists of the CAB committee members; Impact in providing feedback on promotion tie-in successes and failures.
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p2
Presents news briefs related to cable television industry in the U.S. as of April 28, 2003. Supply of short-term video news and preview programs to high-speed Internet subscribers by College Sports Television; Contenders for the post of chief executive officer for Cabletelevision Advertising...
- Local Ad Reps Upbeat at CAB. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;06/14/99, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p32
Highlights Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's Local Cable Sales Management Conference held in June 1999. Anticipation of changes in the cable industry in the United States as a result of mergers and acquisitions; Satisfaction over the financial performance of the industry in the first quarter...
- CAB Local Accentuates the Positive. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;7/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p10
Highlights the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau Local Cable Sales Management Conference held in Salt Lake City, Utah. Theme of the convention; Participants of the event; Program and activities; Topics discussed.
- Cable's Upfront Trifecta. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/13/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p6
The article reports on the estimation by Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau that over 8 billion dollars in upfront buys were garned by the ad-supported cable for the upcoming television campaign.
- CAB '07 Brews Up Ad Dialogue at Cable Show. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p1A
The article offers information on the "2007 Sales Management Conference" by the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) in the U.S. on May 8, 2007.
- A case of `severe bias.' Raybon, P. // Newsweek;10/2/89, Vol. 114 Issue 14, p11
Opinion. Discusses the American media's coverage of black Americans, and says it is one-sided and unfair. Tendency to portray the most victimized segment of black America, the poor, criminal, and dysfunctional, as the norm. Gives examples.
- Media code words: How media manipulate us with words. Richardson, Gwen Daye // Headway;Aug96, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on media code words that almost always are accompanied by the visual image of a black American. Trigger words associated with topics closely aligned with black Americans; Media's reporting of allegations; Utilization of the term `organized crime'.