Intelligent Building, Smart Operation
- Siemens Announces 'Smartest Building in America' Contest Winners for 2011. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Oct2011, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p12
The article announces that Providence Saint Peter Hospital in Olympia, Washington, is the grand-prize winner of the "2011 Smartest Building in America Challenge," contest by Siemens Industry Inc., and will be receiving a 25, 000 dollars in products and services. It mentions that the runner-up is...
- Master planning for today's health care facilities. McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Sep95, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p30
Presents a discussion on the planning of the heating, ventilation and air conditioning system of hospitals. Steps in the evaluation process; Issues in engineering services audit; Assessment of primary equipment size; Use of standardized audit survey sheets; Cost estimation; Development of a...
- Designing clean air. Trent, C. Curtis; Trent, Warren C. // Health Facilities Management;Aug96, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on the design of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems of hospitals in the United States. Common design deficiencies; Draining of condensate; Criteria for proper HVAC design.
- Washington hospital selects new chillers, with new refrigerant. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/3/95, Vol. 194 Issue 14, p10
Reports on the plan of Washington Adventist Hospital to replace its air conditioning chillers that run on CFC refrigerants with Trace Co. `EarthWise CenTraVac' units. Ecological benefits; Use of DuPont `Suva 123,' an HFC refrigerant; Electric consumption of the replacement units.
- Buildings 2.0 Energy And the Grid. Budiardjo, Anto // Engineered Systems;Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p6G
The article examines the impact of the Buildings 2.0 initiative on building automation, control industry and energy management in the U.S. Buildings 2.0 is a vision that intertwines buildings with Internet technologies. As information technologies (IT) such as Transmission Control...
- Desiccant wheel dehumidifier improves surgical comfort level. // Engineered Systems;Sep95, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p52
Describes the improvements on the air conditioning system of Baptist Memorial Hospital System's four major facilities in San Antonio, Texas. Planning for the improvements; Installation of a MedAire desiccant system from Munters DryCool; Stages of the installation process.
- A Moving Experience. GIBSON, THOMAS D. // Engineered Systems;Oct98, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p74
Focuses on the Children's Hospital in Denver's upgrading of its air conditioning system for its burn center. McFall Konkel & Kimball Consulting Engineers' handling of the mechanical and electrical design work for the heating, ventilation and air conditioning system; Coverage of the upgraded air...
- GREEN ONLINE TOOLS. // Sustainable Facility;Jan2012, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p7
The article offers information on the Green Online Tools Web page from Siemens Industry Inc.
- Dedicated chillers improve operational economy, reliability for critical processes. Spangler, Ron // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;04/26/99, Vol. 206 Issue 17, p29
Asserts that dedicated chillers can improve operational economy and reliability for critical processes. Benefits and drawbacks; Includes total cooling control; Corrosion resistance; Application flexibility; Air conditioning in hospital operations.