Advanced Demand Response
- Da/DSM. // Electric Light & Power;May94, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p23
Reports on developments in the US electric utilities' distribution automation and demand side management as of May 1994. Major issues facing the electric utilities; Availability of a listing of UCA-compliant products and services from EPRI's UCA exchange; Topics covered in technical papers...
- Outage Restoration-- Weathering the Storms. Williams, Bradley // Electric Light & Power;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p40
The article discusses the importance of communicating estimated times of restoration of electric power to customers when electric power failures occur and how electric utilities can explain the outages. The relevance of social media as an instant communication tool for the utilities during those...
- Olsen appointed to CAISO board of governors. // Wind Energy Weekly;4/13/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1479, p10
The article announces that former Clipper Windpower president David Olsen was appointed to the California Independent System Operator Corp.'s (CAISO) Board of Governors.
- Brown Appoints Bhagwat to California Post. Reporter, Staff // India -- West;5/27/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 27, pA31
The article announces that Ashutosh Bhagwat has been appointed to the governing board of the California Independent System Operator Corp. by Governor of California Jerry Brown.
- CMP Tree Care in Hancock, Knox, and Waldo Counties Will Enhance Power-System Reliability. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;7/10/2012, p2
The article discusses Central Maine Power's tree trimming project in over 30 Maine communities including Troy, Hope and Knox in the second half of 2012 as part of its annual vegetation management program to improve the reliability of its transmission and distribution lines. Nearly 24,000 miles...
- Scientists creates diamond aerogel in the laboratory. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jun2011, Vol. 169 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the new diamond aerogel created by scientists at Lawrence Livermore and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratories in California.
- ENERGY. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/22/2013, Issue 324734, p6
The article offers information on the approval of Pacific Gas & Electric Co.'s new electricity line which was approved by the energy company California Independent Systems Operator Corp. in December 2013, spanning across Fresno, Madera and Kings counties in California.
- The Energy Authority Deploys PowerOptix Software-as-a-Service Solution. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;12/27/2012, p11
The article reports on the decision of The Energy Authority (TEA) to deploy Hartigen Power Optix to manage settlement transactions and market data for participation in the California Independent System Operator after its evaluation of several solutions in the marketplace.
- Nevada regulator to chair CAISO energy imbalance market committee. // Energy Daily;7/7/2014, Issue 128, p5
The article announces that Nevada utility regulator Rebecca Wagner was tapped to lead California Independent System Operator's new transitional committee to help in the implementation of energy imbalance market.