ACEEE: Massachusetts No. 1 State for Energy Efficiency
- Energy Efficiency Competition Kicks Off in Charleston Neighborhood. KUYKENDALL, TAYLOR // State Journal (WV);1/18/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p11
The article reports on the effort of Energy Efficiency to change energy efficiency in Charleston, West Virginia through Appalachian Power's HomeSMART assessment and retrofits to create an energy conservation culture in the area.
- Evaluation Tool for Community Energy Efficiency. // Buildings;Feb2016, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p12
The article offers information on the Local Energy Efficiency Self-Scoring Tool from the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE) for community energy efficiency evaluation, with information on the plan of ACEEE to publish a collection of best practices and innovative ideas.
- MAKING ENERGY AFFORDABLE. // Home Energy;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p15
The article offers information on the Association for Energy Affordability (AEA), a seasoned practitioner of energy technician services and construction management that directly provides weatherization services and implements energy efficiency programs funded by the New York State Energy...
- Narrowing the Field of LED Luminaires. Heiking, Nate // LED Journal;May2013, p1
The article features the DesignLights Consortium (DLC), an initiative by the non-profit organization Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships, and the incentive provided to consumers on energy savings. Topics discussed include the mission of DLC, the prescriptive and custom types of rebates, and...
- Get your green on and go eco-driving. // South Asian Post;3/13/2014, p23
The article presents tips given by the Natural Resources Canada's Office of Energy Efficiency for efficient eco-driving of vehicles to reduce greenhouse gas emissions including anticipation of road disruptions, maintenance of steady state and the advice to monitor pedestrian movements.
- Electricity efficiency improvements. Skaggs, Taylor // American City & County Exclusive Insight;7/31/2013, p1
The article discusses the report released by Innovation Electricity Efficiency (IEE) Institute of Edison Foundation, that showed enactment of money-saving and efficiency regulations by a number of states. The findings discussed include approval of fixed-cost recovery mechanisms like lost revenue...
- Study finds 6x2 offers benefits. KILCARR, SEAN // American Trucker;Apr2014, p4
The article discusses the results of a study of 10 different data sets in a report released by the North American Council for Freight Efficiency (NACFE) which revealed that a 6x2 axle configuration can, on average, improve Class 8 sleeper tractor fuel economy by 2.5% as compared to a traditional...