Know Your Energy-Procurement Options
- Coaching isn't just for CEOs. McDaniels, Nevonne // Wenatchee Business Journal;Nov2002, Vol. 16 Issue 11, pC5
Describes the executive coaching business of June Darling, Summit Group Resources, in Cashmere, Washington. Background on the coaching process; Aim of helping executives focus attention on reaching personal and business goals.
- Carefully consider management consultant qualifications. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/29/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 25, Special section p34
Offers tips on hiring a management consultant for a company. Referrals from other companies; Certification of the consultant; Degree of involvement in the profession.
- U.K. businesses lack supplier backup plans. Veysey, Sarah // Business Insurance;8/7/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p25
This article reports that business continuity managers in Great Britain said they have not assessed the capability of their suppliers to respond to a major crisis. According to a study of British managers with responsibility for business continuity conducted by Marsh Ltd., 30 percent of...
- How to negotiate a better supplier deal. // Computer Weekly;12/16/2003, p22
The article focuses on the series "Purchasing and Financial Management of IT," by Frank Bannister, to show useful tactics for deliver value for money and improving supplier relationships. The relationship businesses have with their suppliers is a key part of financial management. The policy of...
- Examining HR From a Supply Chain Perspective. Satterwhite, Robert; Spencer, Erica; Klimoski, Richard; Jensen, Natalie; Burner, Trent; Schmit, Mark // TIP: The Industrial-Organizational Psychologist;Oct2013, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p15
The article focuses on human resource (HR) based on a supply chain perspective. It explores the science-practice gap, the supply chain perspective and its use in addressing key HR challenges. It discusses a study on the success of various HR suppliers including academics, external consultants...
- One-Person Show. KAUFMAN, MICHAEL NEAL // Wearables;Oct2012, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p30
The author offers tips on how to start a one-man advertising agency. According to the author, it is important to start where one is strongest but without forsaking other opportunities. One-man agency owner should form strong partnerships with consultants and suppliers utilized on an as needed...
- Getting naked: client service redefined. Lencioni, Patrick // Velocity;2010, Vol. 12 Issue 3/4, p4
The author reflects on the use of the "naked consulting" approach in management consulting. He defines naked service as a service provider's ability to be vulnerable and embrace humility, transparency and selflessness for the good of a client. He enumerates three fears that affect client...
- Interim executives more cost effective than management consultants. // Management Services;Sep2000, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p4
Great Britain's board directors, who have used interim executives, consider them more appropriate and cost effective to implement change or manage transition than management consultants. These findings result from questions in the 2000 MORI Captains of Industry survey commissioned by Board-Level...
- IDEATIONAL ITEMS: Choosing and using executive consultants. Lawrence, Jack // Business Horizons;Dec71, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p44
Provides tips in choosing executive consultants. Role of the consultant on management mobility; Job description of executive consultants; Variation of techniques in building executive resources.