MEG, Griffon Price Upsized HY Deals
- MEG Makes $700M Bond Offer. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/23/2012, p1
The article reports on the decision of Calgary, Alberta-based oil sands development and production company MEG energy to offer a 700 million dollar junk bond offer in July 2012.
- CALGARY. // Alberta Sweetgrass;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p7
The article offers information on several issues in Calgary, Alberta including the welding rods donated by MEG Energy Corp. to Portage College, the protests by First Nations at the Enbridge's Calgary headquarters to express their refusal on the pipeline project, and Dawn Johnson who joined the...
- Banks Launching Roadshow for MEG HY Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;3/14/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p32
The article discusses the 500 million dollar junk bond offering from MEG Energy which will have a week-long roadshow that will be undertaken by lead underwriter Barclays with BMO Capital Markets, Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley.
- Assisted living financing option saved...again. Stoil, Michael J. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Sep94, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p64
Comments on the United States government's redemption of the Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Section 202 elderly housing program. Ritual suppression and resurrection of the program during federal budget passages in the 1980s; Bill Clinton Administration's 1994 budget for...
- Robin Carnahan secures $380,000 for senior citizens in Missouri. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;5/5/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 40, p7
The article reports on the $755,000 settlement raised with A.G. Edwards & Sons LLC to benefit senior citizens in Missouri in 2011.
- READER PULSE. Jones, Chuck // Advisor Today;Apr2003, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p66
Presents comments from 'Advisor Today' magazine readers about the insurance and financial products needed by seniors in the U.S. Life insurance products; Medical supplemental coverage.
- Global Pension Schemes: How Governments and Insurers are Responding to the Global Aging Problem. Ryan, A. // Geneva Papers on Risk & Insurance - Issues & Practice;Jan2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p16
Explains the strategies adopted by various governments in adjusting pension schemes to aging populations. Recognition of the new market pressures that pension systems face; Identification of the challenges of moving toward balanced multi-pillared systems.
- Don't look a gift house in the mouth. Wickenden, Tony // Money Marketing;4/3/2003, p44
Explores financial priorities of the elderly in Great Britain. Statistics about the elderly population; Assets and financial needs of the aged; Opportunities for financial advisers with elderly clients.
- Preserve Assets While Providing Higher Transfer To Heirs And Charities. Jones, Braun T. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/28/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 43, p11
Provides guidance on asset preservation of seniors. Options in leveraging assets; Benefits of moving money into a single premium immediate annuity; Creation of retirement supplements.