CDW Plans $1.065B Drive-By
- Assisted living financing option saved...again. Stoil, Michael J. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Sep94, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p64
Comments on the United States government's redemption of the Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Section 202 elderly housing program. Ritual suppression and resurrection of the program during federal budget passages in the 1980s; Bill Clinton Administration's 1994 budget for...
- Robin Carnahan secures $380,000 for senior citizens in Missouri. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;5/5/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 40, p7
The article reports on the $755,000 settlement raised with A.G. Edwards & Sons LLC to benefit senior citizens in Missouri in 2011.
- READER PULSE. Jones, Chuck // Advisor Today;Apr2003, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p66
Presents comments from 'Advisor Today' magazine readers about the insurance and financial products needed by seniors in the U.S. Life insurance products; Medical supplemental coverage.
- Global Pension Schemes: How Governments and Insurers are Responding to the Global Aging Problem. Ryan, A. // Geneva Papers on Risk & Insurance - Issues & Practice;Jan2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p16
Explains the strategies adopted by various governments in adjusting pension schemes to aging populations. Recognition of the new market pressures that pension systems face; Identification of the challenges of moving toward balanced multi-pillared systems.
- Our Guest Editors. Johnson, Mary // Generations;Summer2006, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including Sara Czaja and Richard Schulz examination on the current and future technological innovations for the potential to improve the quality of older people's lives.
- Startup Strives to Deliver the Right Touch to Caregivers. QUIGLEY, KELLY // San Diego Business Journal;8/15/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p4
The article discusses the move of San Diego, California-based startup Independa Inc. to develop a touch screen tablet computer to engage the frail elderly.
- LGBTEI helps seniors navigate technology. Thomas, Angela // Philadelphia Gay News;4/11/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p2
The article announces that LGBT Elder Initiative will present the Keeping Connected dialogue on April 13, 2014 at the United Way Building in Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Letters. Weston-Smith, John; Beck, John; Field, Brad; Rider, Keith; Fletcher, Harold; Matthews, John; Young, Dave; Lawrence, Sam; Haines, Derek // Computer Act!ve;10/1/2014, Issue 433, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "The Final Straw" by Stuart Andrews, "Linux Is Too Much Hassle to Former XP Users," by Robin Brace, and one on police officers being punished for racism on Twitter and Facebook.
- Elderly should influence auto design. Wiebush, Bruce // Design News;11/19/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the importance for automotive design engineers to consider the elderly in their safety evaluations of telematic devices. Differences on how the elderly respond to warnings, entering data and reading displays.