- Job ax on Wall St. // Crain's New York Business;1/9/95, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the reductions in work force of the securities industry in the United States. Similar move by Merrill Lynch & Company.
- Sorry, Harvey. Jamieson, Dan // On Wall Street;Mar2002, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p12
Comments on the strategy of SEC chairman Harvey Pitt in dealing with the issues related to Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Rule II in the U.S. Prohibition of arbitrators from modifying and dissolving court orders by the rules; Formation of lawyer-heavy pools of arbitrators to hear cases on securities;...
- Still bullish: Brokerages report 4% increase in employment. Deemer, Susan // Orange County Business Journal;02/15/99, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the employment growth experienced by stock brokerages operating in Orange County, California in 1998. Brookstreet Securities Corp. as the fastest growing stock-brokerage firm; Percentage of the increase on Merrill Lynch's employees.
- Merrill Creates a Security Linking 20 Banks' Stocks . PADGETT, TANIA // American Banker;6/26/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 122, p28
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. has launched a securities vehicle in the United States, called holding company depository receipts, that lets investors put money in 20 regional banks at once. Number of shares of stock in each security; Asset value and market capitalization of the securities;...
- Broker-Dealer Trading Volumes. // Securities Industry News;06/12/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p3
Presents a chart showing Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. topping all securities broker-dealers in listed trading volume for the first quarter of 2000.
- Merrill, Granite Reach $6M Settlement. // American Banker;3/21/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 55, p20
States that Merrill Lynch & Co. agreed to pay about $6 million to settle a dispute over the sale of mortgage bonds posted as loan collateral by Granite funds of David Askin. Background on the case and the ruling that Merrill's sale was improper.
- Knight securities to clear through broadcort capital. Dabaie, Michael // Securities Industry News;09/06/99, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p4
Indicates that Knight Securities, a Jersey City, New Jersey-based market-maker for over-the-counter securities, will begin clearing trades through Merrill Lynch's clearing arm Broadcort Capital starting October 1999. Anticipation of business expansion; Time needed to complete the conversion of...
- Merrill Lynch is bullish on property. // Estates Gazette;11/13/2004, Issue 446, p47
Forecasts the net asset values (NAV) of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. for 2004. Key driver for the shares of British Land Co. PLC (BL) over the next 12 months; Predictions on the NAV of BL; Information on the Â£1 billion stake of Land Securities PLC in the Telereal portfolio.
- Brokers Face Breakpoint Charge-Backs. Jamieson, Dan // On Wall Street;Jan2004, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the excess commission from A-share transactions to be charged back to brokers in the U.S. Payment to be given by Merrill Lynch representatives to its clients for A-share transactions in 2003; Deadline set by the National Association of Securities Dealers to firms for the completion...
- Merrill Hires VeriSign for Security. // American Banker;5/22/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 98, p20
Mountain View, California-basedVeriSign Inc., a provider of infrastructure services for the Internet and telecommunications networks, said on May 21, 2003 that it has reached a global, multiyear contract to help manage network security devices for Merrill Lynch & Co.The company did not say how...