- Spanish Trail Country Club to be auctioned. O'Reily, Tim // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2/27/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 9, pP13
The article reports that the Spanish Trail Country Club, an exclusive golf venue in Las Vegas, Nevada, is set to be auctioned as the finale of its Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Golf course to keep runways clear. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jan2000, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p28
Reports on a decision by officials at Spirit of Saint Louis Airport in Saint Louis, Missouri, to build a golf course next to the airport to comply with a government directive to build a storm-water detention system. Cost of the golf course; Construction of a Flight Service Station to replace...
- Scottsdale Using Piece of Deal To Upgrade TPC Golf Course. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32507, p40
The article reports that Scottsdale, Arizona will improve its Tournament Players Club Scottsdale golf course and clubhouse using the proceeds from sale of $42.5 million tax revenue bonds. The sale of the bonds will be use to reimburse the city for an earlier acquisition from the state of 69...
- Local courses try to stay chipper after weak year. Deegan, Jason // Crain's Detroit Business;4/7/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p14
The article reports on efforts of golf courses in Michigan to overcome their dismal business performance in 2003. Wet spring weather, a cold fall and a struggling economy affected the golf courses adversely. Despite being named one of Southeast Michigan's top 10 public courses by the newspaper...
- Fresno leaders on purse hunt. Russell, Geoff; Herrington, Ryan // Golf World;5/11/2007, Vol. 60 Issue 37, p14
This article presents information about the efforts of Fresno, California officials to raise money to keep the Fall Series event in the city. The golf course that had planned to hold the event has filed for bankruptcy and the course is mostly unbuilt. City officials have provided an alternate...
- Escondido's Open Space Plan, Measure H, Makes Good Sense. // La Prensa San Diego;10/3/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 40, p6
No abstract available.
- The death of a golf course. Whitten, Ron // Golf World;3/12/2004, Vol. 57 Issue 33, p26
Discusses the death of the Binks Forest golf course in Wellington, Florida. Golf tournaments that the golf course has hosted; Bankruptcy of Binks Forest; Decision by Sazale to drop its sponsorship.
- Candlestone Looks To Play Out Of Bankruptcy. VanderVeen, Don // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/26/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p26
Reports that Candlestone Inn Golf & Resort in West Michigan has filed for bankruptcy protection under Chapter 11 through the Candlestone Inn LP which owns the course. Continuation of business at the golf course despite its legal proceedings; Use of the services of Schenk Boncher & Prasher to...
- Spain's New Rail Link Brings Europe Closer. FOX, JENA TESSE // Travel Agent;2/25/2013, Vol. 341 Issue 10, p9
The article reports on the opening of new line of Spain's high-speed rail to connect the Costa Brava and Europe's major cities. It states that the line has been extended to Girona and Barcelona which allows visitors from across Continental Europe play at some of popular golf courses on the Costa...