Chicago Transit Less Than Thrilled by $200 Million RTA Issue
- Chicago Transit Authority. Littman, Margaret // Crain's Chicago Business;07/14/97, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p24
Presents information on the approval of transit service cuts by Chicago Transit Authority. Elimination of bus routes; Rerouting of other buses.
- Rehab will close down CTA's green line. // Railway Age;Mar94, Vol. 195 Issue 3, p33
Reports on the Chicago Transit Authority's (CTA) decision to close down its rapid transit Green Line for two years. Reasons behind the decision; Route of the Green Line; CTA temporary substitutes for the Green Line.
- Chicago A Step Closer To Mobile Contactless Transit Fare Payments. // ISO & Agent Weekly;9/2/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p3
The article reports that the Chicago Transit Authority is about to implement an open-network electronic fare-collection system that would accept contactless card and mobile payments in Illinois.
- CTA's next stop: surviving success. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;8/27/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the strategies of Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) in handling ridership problems. Percentage of commuters riding CTA trains and buses; Factors affecting the increased in ridership; Renovation and construction projects of CTA; Complaints of passengers on CTA services; Funding for CTA...
- CTA puts its sights on the Circle Line. // Railway Age;Apr2002, Vol. 203 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the alternative rapid transit lines being proposed by the Chicago Transit Authority of Illinois. Cost of the construction of the proposed rail routes; Benefits of the proposed rail routes for passengers; Details of the construction of the routes.
- Windy city ramp-up . Wolinsky, Julian // Railway Age;Jun2001, Vol. 202 Issue 6, p37
Reports on the modernization and expansion of the Chicago, Illinois passenger rail network, which is run by the independent agencies Metra, Chicago Transit Authority and Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District. Mention of expanded ridership and demands for new service in the region's...
- Harmon Industries. // Equities;Jan1995, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p31
Reports on Harmon Industries Inc.'s winning of transit contracts from the Chicago Transit Authority and the Southeast Pennsylvania Transit Authority. Design and installment of train control system; Upgrading of cab signal and train control equipment.
- CTA plans to test bus-tracking system. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;10/19/98, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p56
Focuses on the Chicago Transit Authority's plan to implement a satellite-based communications system designed by Orbital Sciences Corp. Goal of connecting each bus to the transit authority's headquarters via a satellite radio system; Automatic tracking of each vehicle; Variety of other...
- TRANSIT'S LAST STAND? Leopold, Vera // Rachel's Democracy & Health News;12/20/2007, Issue 938, p2
The article comments on the deteriorating transportation system of Chicago, Illinois. It notes that the Chicago Transportation Authority (CTA), which runs bus and train routes downtown and to surrounding suburbs, is projected to have a $158 million shortfall in budget in 2008. It stresses that...