House Panel Approves Creation of 'Thrifty' Housing Vouchers
- All Section 8 tenants must be low-income. Jacobs, Barry G. // National Real Estate Investor;Jun94, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p48
Reports on the issuance of regulations extending low-income occupancy requirements to all units in Section 8 new construction and rehabilitation projects. Previous application of the low-income requirement to projects for which a housing assistance payments contract was executed on or after...
- An all-out attempt to bring down New Jersey's housing costs. Fiorilla, Paul // Business News New Jersey;4/3/96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p28
Reports that a coalition of developers, bankers, and business groups in New Jersey have joined with unions, social-service organizations and urban advocates to push for legislation that would place a $290 million bond issue for low-income housing assistance on the ballot. Bill titled Support...
- House Approves LIHTC Proposal. Bailey, Dawn // National Mortgage News;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p11
Reports on the United States House of Representatives' approval of a bill that would increase the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit. Financing for the construction and renovation of affordable multifamily housing; Creation of empowerment zones.
- Capitol Hill considers increasing tax credit allocations. // National Real Estate Investor;Jun98, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p84
Highlights the important provisions of the proposed United States legislations that would expand Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) volume capitalization. Senate Bill 1252 or the low-income housing capitalization bill; House Bill 2990, the House version of Senate Bill 1252; House Bill 3290...
- Affordable Housing. // Congressional Digest;Dec2007, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p289
An introduction is given to the other articles in this issue and the topic of affordable housing for low income families to which they are all devoted.
- Glossary. // Congressional Digest;Dec2007, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p290
A glossary of terms related to the issue of low income housing legislation is presented.
- Honorable Barney Frank. Frank, Barney // Congressional Digest;Dec2007, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p304
An excerpt is presented from an October 4, 2007 letter by U.S. Representative Barney Frank to his colleagues in the U.S. House of Representatives asking for their support of H.R. 2985, the National Affordable Housing Trust Fund Act.
- Honorable Maxine Waters. Waters, Maxine // Congressional Digest;Dec2007, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p306
An excerpt is presented from remarks by U.S. Representative Maxine Waters during floor debate on the National Affordable Housing Trust Fund Act.
- Honorable Spencer Bachus. Bachus, Spencer // Congressional Digest;Dec2007, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p309
An excerpt is presented from remarks made by U.S. Representative Spencer Bachus during floor debate on the National Affordable Housing Trust Fund Act.