Buyers Offer $22 Billion for $7.5 Billion Of California Raws in 'Blow-Away Sale'
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;5/12/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 91, p3
The article reports on the additional 8 million U.S. dollars received by BioTime Inc. from two investors who decided to exercise early and in full the stock purchase warrants they acquired under a stock and warrant purchase agreement in May 2009.
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;4/23/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 78, p6
The article reveals that existing investors of Corcept Therapeutics Inc. have exercised the warrants they purchased in a private placement deal that closed in October 2009.
- Warrants: To have or have not. Freeman, Peter // Bulletin with Newsweek;05/11/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6173, p76
Presents a look at the variety of different financial warrants available to investors. Risks involved in utilizing warrants; Details of the different types such as Equity warrants and index warrants; Trading of options with warrants; Involvement with sharemarket indexes. INSETS: Inefficient...
- Taxâ€”and all that jazz. Jooste, Ruan // Finance Week;4/12/2004, p28
Focuses on the importance of the investor's intention behind buying, selling or exercising warrants as determinants whether the specific warrant trade is taxable or not. Price paid for a warrant; Profit taxation; Proceeds on disposal or exercise of the warrant.
- Security Design in Initial Public Offerings*. CHAKRABORTY, ARCHISHMAN; GERVAIS, SIMON; YILMAZ, BILGE // Review of Finance;Apr2011, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p327
We investigate an IPO security design problem when information asymmetries across investors lead to a winnerï¿½s curse. Firms that are riskier in down markets can lower the cost of going public by using unit IPOs, in which equity and warrants are combined into a non-divisible package....
- Financings roundup. // Medical Device Daily;8/28/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 164, p7
The article reports on the agreement of Nanogen with institutional investors to offer senior convertible notes and warrants. Under the agreement, Nanogen will issue unsecured senior convertible notes and provides investor with the right to convert principal into registered shares of Nanogen...
- Cardium to sell stock and warrants in transaction valued at $5.3M. // Medical Device Daily;2/1/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p4
This article reports on an agreement signed by Cardium Therapeutics with institutional and other accredited or qualified investors for the sale of shares of its common stock and warrants in the U.S. in 2008. The transaction will result in gross proceeds to Cardium of about $5.3 million. The...
- Warrants are not stock options. Ross, John // CA Magazine;Aug2010, Vol. 143 Issue 6, p36
The article explores the stock option and warrant valuation in Canada. It states that eventhough warrant volatility is not appropriate to determine the stock option's volatility, it can be used to set a ceiling on the stock option volatility number. The stock's volatility number relates to an...
- FINANCINGS ROUNDUP. // BioWorld Today;9/8/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 174, p5
The article reports on the $125,000 in funds raised by Aeolus Pharmaceuticals Inc. through the sale of senior convertible notes and warrants to selected investors. Investors involved in the transaction also agreed to invest another $375,000 over the next three months. They are also given the...