A Shot in the Arm: Moody's Raises Pair of Health Systems
- A passion for excellence. Fabrizius, Michael P. // Internal Auditor;Oct97, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p22
Discusses the author's visions and goals as vice president of Internal audit at Bon Secours Health System, Incorporated, a not-for-profit organization. Organizational values relevant to the internal auditing; Requirements for creating an environment for excellence; Key issue for internal...
- Blessed with a healthy bottom line. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;01/22/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the stable profitable status of Bon Secours Health System company, a Catholic system, despite the decline of non-for-profit systems in the United States. Catholic health care systems which struggled in the year 2000; How Bon Secours accomplished stable profitability status.
- Bon Secours plans to move VA. hospital. Hallam, Kristen // Modern Healthcare;07/12/99, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p18
Deals with the plans of Bon Secours Health System to relocate one its Bon Secours-Stuart Circle Hospital from Richmond to Midlothian in Chesterfield County, Virginia. Objective of the plans; Reason behind the plan; Advantages of the plan; Comments from James Goss, spokesman for Bon Secours;...
- Community Redevelopment. Allen II, Percy // Healthcare Executive;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p68
Focuses on community health improvement efforts of the Bon Secours Baltimore Health System, a non-profit urban health system founded and sponsored by the Sisters of Bon Secours. Bon Secours Baltimore's vision for community health; Operation ReachOut, a comprehensive and multidimensional...
- Pa. hospital, Bon Secours agree to merger. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;7/01/96, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p18
Reports on the full asset merger between Bon Secours Health System and the Mercy Regional Health System, a Catholic hospital in Altoona, Pennsylvania. Transfer of Mercy's assets to Bon Secours worth $50 million; Retention of the Catholic institution status of Mercy.
- Bon Secours chief loses patience, quits. Greene, Jay // Modern Healthcare;9/23/96, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p12
Reports on the resignation of John Fitzgerald as president and chief executive officer at Bon Secours Health System of Marriottsville, Maryland. Reasons for the resignation; Comments from Edward Boyer, senior vice president for corporate services at Bon Secours.
- Henry Ford uses ventures to expand. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;11/18/96, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the utilization of two separate amalgamated ventures by the Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, to enable the expansion of its optometric services and geographical reach. Consolidation of Henry Ford Cottage Hospital with Bon Secours Hospital; Terms and conditions of the merger;...
- Bon Secours names Carney its new CEO. // Modern Healthcare;03/24/97, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p8
Announces the appointment of Christopher Carney to the position of chief executive officer of Bon Secours Health System. Previous position held by Carney in the organization; How Carney was appointed.
- Internal investigations. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;09/04/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p64
Discusses how internal auditors contributed to the success of the Bon Secours Health System of Marriottsville, Maryland. Duties of internal auditors; Financial information on the company; Other organizations that hired consultants to perform the duties of internal auditors.