Issuing Debt for Art's Sake
- Milwaukee Council Puts Museum One Step Closer to Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/27/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31480, p3
Reports the use of bond issues of Common Council to help Milwaukee Art Museum in Wisconsin. Plan of the museum to convert the bank line of credit; Negotiation of museum officials with a consortium of banks; Exploration of the museum of several options to seal the deal with banks.
- Museum Vote Delayed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31792, p31
Reports on the delay of the museum bond vote in Anchorage, Alaska.
- ARIZONA. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/7/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33378, p9
The article reports on the plan of the city of Phoenix to use 3.5 million dollars in bond proceeds from a 2006 authorization to buy the Pioneer Living History Museum in Arizona in 2010.
- Omaha's Joslyn Art Museum Creates $10 Million Issue. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31283, p33
Reports on the plans of the Josyln Art museum in Omaha, Nebraska to sell a $10 million of refunding and new-money revenue 'cultural bonds' from December 13, 2001. Purpose for selling the bonds; Factor effecting the decision of investors for investing in the cultural bonds; Categories of the...
- Cleveland-Area Authority to Offer $75M for Art Museum Expansion. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33333, p4
The article reports on the plan of Cleveland-Cuyahoga County Port Authority to offer 75 million dollars of fixed-rate revenue bonds to finance part of the Cleveland Museum of Art's (CMA) expansion.
- Philadelphia's Childrens Museum Defaults on $59 Million. SLAVIN, ROBERT // Bond Buyer;9/19/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33982, p5
The article informs that Philadelphia-based Please Touch Museum for chidren has defaulted on almost 59 million in bonds to make interest payments.
- Southwest Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;06/13/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30911, p26
Provides updates on bonds in the United States as of June 2000. Victory of Topeka Public Schools over a federal agency on technology funding; Rejection of proposed school closures by Wabaunsee East School District voters; Federal aid given to a proposed National Army Museum of the Southwest.
- Kansas City, Mo., Voters Face $300M Of GOs for Infrastructure, Zoo, Museum. Shields, Yvette; Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31857, p5
Focuses on the decision of Kansas City, Missouri voters on the three ballot questions permitting the sale of general obligation bonds including general city infrastructure and city zoo improvements and construction of the Liberty Memorial Museum. Worth of the sold bonds; Approval rate required...
- Mississippi Governor Backs $50M Bond Plan for Civil Rights Museum. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/17/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32548, p6
The article reports on the plan of Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour to support using 560 million of state-issued bonds to build a National Civil Rights Museum. He also advised lawmakers to resist election-year spending pressures. The state financing was recommended by the Commission to...