Delivering medications via a pneumatic tube system
- Increase in fines content and adhesion behavior in the pneumatic conveying of CB. Keuter, H.; Limper, A.; Wehmeier, A.; Riedemann, T.; Freitag, K.-H. // Rubber World;Jul2001, Vol. 224 Issue 4, p29
Investigates the increase in fines content and adhesion behavior in the pneumatic conveying of carbon blacks. General classification of the industrial carbon blacks; Most important parameters for classifying carbon blacks; Use of an adjustable, pneumatic conveyor system; Sampling of the carbon...
- Improvements for conveying. // Process Engineering;Sep2002, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p40
Focuses on the pneumatic conveying system from Portasilo Bulk Handling Systems launched at the Process and Packaging Machinery Association's (PPMA) exhibit in Birmingham, England on September 24-26, 2002.
- System warning when bend thins. // Food Manufacture;Mar2000, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p53
Introduces Intellibend from STB Engineering, a pneumatic conveyor for abrasive materials with a device that activates an alarm when the bend wears thin, but before failure occurs.
- Demonstrations and Discussion. // Chem.info;Aug2007, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p34
The article offers information on a seminar titled "The Theory and Practice of Pneumatic Conveying" to be held at the CycloTech System Proving Facility in York, Nebraska on September 18 to 20, 2007.
- Carbon black conveying. // Rubber World;Feb2011, Vol. 243 Issue 5, p42
The article offers brief information of the pneumatic conveying equipment from Cyclonaire Corp.
- Vacuum receiver for dilute phase conveying. // Food Manufacture;Apr2014, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p41
The article previews the Flexicon vacuum receiver designed for dilute phase pneumatic conveying systems.
- Say Good-Bye to Painful needles. Freundenrich, Craig // Current Health 1;Oct2004, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p19
Discusses several ways of obtaining vaccines and other medicines without using needles, including inhalers. INSET: How a Vaccine Works.
- The Tape And Pin Works Best As A Catheter-Securing Device. Boyd, Leslie // RN;Jul2000, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the finding that the traditional adhesive tape and pin method of securing a urethral urinary catheter is superior to a more expensive commercial device. Easiness of application of the adhesive tape and pin.
- Improve prescribing for asthma. Gnanapragasam, Vasa // GP: General Practitioner;6/3/2002, p87
Presents improvements in inhaler devices in Great Britain. Application of spacers in the delivery of drugs to the lungs; Alternative methods on the delivery of drugs; Efficacy of the methods.