Delivering medications via a pneumatic tube system
- Increase in fines content and adhesion behavior in the pneumatic conveying of CB. Keuter, H.; Limper, A.; Wehmeier, A.; Riedemann, T.; Freitag, K.-H. // Rubber World;Jul2001, Vol. 224 Issue 4, p29
Investigates the increase in fines content and adhesion behavior in the pneumatic conveying of carbon blacks. General classification of the industrial carbon blacks; Most important parameters for classifying carbon blacks; Use of an adjustable, pneumatic conveyor system; Sampling of the carbon...
- Improvements for conveying. // Process Engineering;Sep2002, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p40
Focuses on the pneumatic conveying system from Portasilo Bulk Handling Systems launched at the Process and Packaging Machinery Association's (PPMA) exhibit in Birmingham, England on September 24-26, 2002.
- System warning when bend thins. // Food Manufacture;Mar2000, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p53
Introduces Intellibend from STB Engineering, a pneumatic conveyor for abrasive materials with a device that activates an alarm when the bend wears thin, but before failure occurs.
- Demonstrations and Discussion. // Chem.info;Aug2007, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p34
The article offers information on a seminar titled "The Theory and Practice of Pneumatic Conveying" to be held at the CycloTech System Proving Facility in York, Nebraska on September 18 to 20, 2007.
- Carbon black conveying. // Rubber World;Feb2011, Vol. 243 Issue 5, p42
The article offers brief information of the pneumatic conveying equipment from Cyclonaire Corp.
- Say Good-Bye to Painful needles. Freundenrich, Craig // Current Health 1;Oct2004, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p19
Discusses several ways of obtaining vaccines and other medicines without using needles, including inhalers. INSET: How a Vaccine Works.
- Treating recurrent catheter malfunction with alteplase is not advantageous. Little, M. A.; Walshe, J. J. // Kidney;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p164
Deals with a study which evaluated the effect of unblocking thrombosed catheters using indwelling alteplase with emphasis on estimating the additional benefit of repeated alteplase instillation. Methodology used in the study; Results and conclusion.
- The Tape And Pin Works Best As A Catheter-Securing Device. Boyd, Leslie // RN;Jul2000, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the finding that the traditional adhesive tape and pin method of securing a urethral urinary catheter is superior to a more expensive commercial device. Easiness of application of the adhesive tape and pin.
- Drug delivery technology set for major leap. Gebhart, Fred // Drug Topics;5/5/97, Vol. 141 Issue 9, p112
Reports on new drug delivery technology in the United States as discussed at the second annual Medical Devices Industry Conference. Shrinking of standard infusion pumps to the size of today's television remote controls; Electronic linking of infusion devices to treatment centers for remote...