How Do You Measure Ink Film Thickness? Count the Ways
- Process limits in two-layer reverse roll transfer. Sasaki, M.; Suszynski, W.; Carvalho, M.; Francis, L. // Journal of Coatings Technology & Research;Jul2013, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p485
Reverse roll coating in which a thin single layer of liquid is applied onto a substrate has been used in industry for decades and has been extensively analyzed in the literature. Modern coatings, however, are often composed of more than one layer to improve the product performance and to reduce...
- Coating Thickness Measurement. Lomax, Paul // Products Finishing;Dec2006, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p36
The article presents a reprint of the article "Coating Thickness Measurement: The Fundamentals," published in the February 2006 issue of "Products Finishing." It discusses the different methods or types of instruments to determine coating thickness. Non-magnetic coatings over ferrous substrates...
- Coating Thickness Basics. Freidenfelds, Aivars U. // Quality;Oct2009, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p28
The article offers information about the basics of coating thickness measurement. It notes that electronic coating thickness gages functions on the magnetic induction for measuring coating over ferrous substrates. It states that regardless of the measuring principle, prescribed procedures should...
- Q&A Solving common coating problems. // Printing World;9/9/2004, Vol. 287 Issue 12, p24
Responds to questions pertaining to common print coating misapplications. Reduction or elimination of ink building up on the coating unit blanket; Printing plate malfunction during cutting and creating during coating application; Transfer of coating lumps to the coated sheet.
- Improved Coating Thickness Measurement. Freidenfelds, Aivars U. // Products Finishing;Jul2008, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p18
The article discusses the coating thickness of a product. The thickness of a coating is one of the factors in any performance of coating process and an important that cannot be overlooked. It affects the overall performance of the engineered coating that not only helps make that good first...
- Untitled. Collins, Bob // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jan94, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p37
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on powder coating. Application of power coating over chrome plating; Determining the costs of powder coating; Alternatives to polyvinyl chloride fluidized bed powder coatings for dishwater racks; Military specifications for powder coating; Gun setting for...
- Q&A. Brezinski, Darlene; Meyers, Raymond // Paint & Coatings Industry;Oct95, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p196
Answers questions on paint and coatings products and application. Use of epoxy and vinyl coatings; Waterborne traffic paints that dry in 60 seconds; Air voids in a paint film.
- POWDER COATING. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Apr2003, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p40
Focuses on energy saving features of powder cure oven. Heat load of the powder cure oven; Design considerations to be kept in mind when planning for a new convection cure oven to reduce operating cost and conserve energy; Functions of exhaust system of the powder cure oven.
- Matte, Satin Coatings Produce Eye-Catching Results. Mason, John // Paperboard Packaging;Oct2000, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p10
Provides information on the use of matte and satin-water based coatings. Areas involved in the successful use of matte and satin-based coatings; Benefits of viscosity reduction in coatings; Concerns when using matte or satin water-based coatings.