How Do You Measure Ink Film Thickness? Count the Ways
- Coating Thickness Measurement. Lomax, Paul // Products Finishing;Dec2006, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p36
The article presents a reprint of the article "Coating Thickness Measurement: The Fundamentals," published in the February 2006 issue of "Products Finishing." It discusses the different methods or types of instruments to determine coating thickness. Non-magnetic coatings over ferrous substrates...
- Coating Thickness Basics. Freidenfelds, Aivars U. // Quality;Oct2009, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p28
The article offers information about the basics of coating thickness measurement. It notes that electronic coating thickness gages functions on the magnetic induction for measuring coating over ferrous substrates. It states that regardless of the measuring principle, prescribed procedures should...
- Process limits in two-layer reverse roll transfer. Sasaki, M.; Suszynski, W.; Carvalho, M.; Francis, L. // Journal of Coatings Technology & Research;Jul2013, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p485
Reverse roll coating in which a thin single layer of liquid is applied onto a substrate has been used in industry for decades and has been extensively analyzed in the literature. Modern coatings, however, are often composed of more than one layer to improve the product performance and to reduce...
- Q&A Solving common coating problems. // Printing World;9/9/2004, Vol. 287 Issue 12, p24
Responds to questions pertaining to common print coating misapplications. Reduction or elimination of ink building up on the coating unit blanket; Printing plate malfunction during cutting and creating during coating application; Transfer of coating lumps to the coated sheet.
- Improved Coating Thickness Measurement. Freidenfelds, Aivars U. // Products Finishing;Jul2008, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p18
The article discusses the coating thickness of a product. The thickness of a coating is one of the factors in any performance of coating process and an important that cannot be overlooked. It affects the overall performance of the engineered coating that not only helps make that good first...
- UNDERSTAND COATING THICKNESS MEASUREMENT TEST METHODS. Lomax, Paul // Appliance Design;Jan2012, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p14
The article provides information on paint coating thickness measurement test methods and the instruments being used in order to tighten tolerances and improve profits. Plating and coat thickness applications are measured using various test methods like X-ray fluorescence, coulometric, beta...
- Untitled. Collins, Bob // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jan94, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p37
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on powder coating. Application of power coating over chrome plating; Determining the costs of powder coating; Alternatives to polyvinyl chloride fluidized bed powder coatings for dishwater racks; Military specifications for powder coating; Gun setting for...
- Hydrophobic coating prevents the build-up of ice on aircraft. // Engineer (Online Edition);11/19/2012, p1
The article presents information on the super-hydrophobic coating developed by researcher Hirotaka Sakaue and colleagues at the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA).
- Pat Plater Responds. Plater, Pat // Finishing Today;May2008, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p37
The article provides an answer to a question about coatings for brass that are more durable than black oxide.