How Do You Measure Ink Film Thickness? Count the Ways
- Coating Thickness Basics. Freidenfelds, Aivars U. // Quality;Oct2009, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p28
The article offers information about the basics of coating thickness measurement. It notes that electronic coating thickness gages functions on the magnetic induction for measuring coating over ferrous substrates. It states that regardless of the measuring principle, prescribed procedures should...
- Coating Thickness Measurement. Lomax, Paul // Products Finishing;Dec2006, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p36
The article presents a reprint of the article "Coating Thickness Measurement: The Fundamentals," published in the February 2006 issue of "Products Finishing." It discusses the different methods or types of instruments to determine coating thickness. Non-magnetic coatings over ferrous substrates...
- Process limits in two-layer reverse roll transfer. Sasaki, M.; Suszynski, W.; Carvalho, M.; Francis, L. // Journal of Coatings Technology & Research;Jul2013, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p485
Reverse roll coating in which a thin single layer of liquid is applied onto a substrate has been used in industry for decades and has been extensively analyzed in the literature. Modern coatings, however, are often composed of more than one layer to improve the product performance and to reduce...
- Q&A Solving common coating problems. // Printing World;9/9/2004, Vol. 287 Issue 12, p24
Responds to questions pertaining to common print coating misapplications. Reduction or elimination of ink building up on the coating unit blanket; Printing plate malfunction during cutting and creating during coating application; Transfer of coating lumps to the coated sheet.
- Improved Coating Thickness Measurement. Freidenfelds, Aivars U. // Products Finishing;Jul2008, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p18
The article discusses the coating thickness of a product. The thickness of a coating is one of the factors in any performance of coating process and an important that cannot be overlooked. It affects the overall performance of the engineered coating that not only helps make that good first...
- Waterborne & ink-jet ink. Reid, Jack; Hillier, John // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jun98, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p46
Discusses two trends in industrial ink and coatings application that have revolutionized the product developments in the industry. Reduction of volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions in printing plants; Shift from traditional printing methods to digital systems.
- UNDERSTAND COATING THICKNESS MEASUREMENT TEST METHODS. Lomax, Paul // Appliance Design;Jan2012, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p14
The article provides information on paint coating thickness measurement test methods and the instruments being used in order to tighten tolerances and improve profits. Plating and coat thickness applications are measured using various test methods like X-ray fluorescence, coulometric, beta...
- Titanyum dioksit ve Ã§inko oksitten yansÄ±tmayÄ±cÄ± filtre Ã¼retimi. Hinczewski, Durşen Saygin; Tepehan, Fatma Z. // ITU Journal Series C: Basic Sciences;Nov2009, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p3
Antireflective filters are mostly used to increase the efficiency of solar cells. They vary from each other in their method of coating, the filter design, the materials that are used, and where their minimum occurs. In the present work, we coated TiO2 (titanium dioxide) and ZnO (zinc oxide) thin...
- Pat Plater Responds. Plater, Pat // Finishing Today;May2008, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p37
The article provides an answer to a question about coatings for brass that are more durable than black oxide.