Exclusive use cuts both ways
- Big Business from Small Spaces. Oak, Lisa M. // Retail Traffic;May2005, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p192
Focuses on how landlords can make use of ancillary and small spaces to maximize profit potential of a shopping center. Benefits of retail mix diversification for landlords; Advantages of multi-unit chains over a single large retail store; Citation of the perfect location when an individual...
- Wanted: A More Serious Relationship. Klepacki, Laura // Chain Store Age;Oct2004, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p133
Offers observation on temporary tenancy in shopping malls in the U.S. Benefits of temporary tenancy; Developing aspect of temporary tenancy; Reason mall developers are reluctant to share information on leasing rates for temporary tenants; Impact of temporary tenancy on mall developers.
- Chapter 10: Retailing. Alter, Shannon E. // Shopping Center Marketing;2001, p229
Chapter 10 of the book "Shopping Center Marketing" is presented. It discusses retailing, which focuses on how it can support the marketing director in enhancing both the value of the center and of the landlord-tenant relationship. It highlights the marketing director's role in balancing the...
- Chapter 11: Retailer Development and Tenant Retention. Cotsis, Tracey // Shopping Center Marketing;2001, p243
Chapter 11 of the book "Shopping Center Marketing" is presented. It highlights the role of shopping centers in the development of a retail business and tenant retention. Tenant retention involves the enhancement of the individual retailer's sales productivity through the identification and...
- CHAPTER 13: Retailing. Alter, Shannon // Shopping Center Management;1999, p267
Chapter 13 of the book "Shopping Center Management" is presented. It discusses a variety of issues concerning retailing that shopping center managers should deal with on a daily basis in order to contribute to enhancing both the value of the center and the landlord-tenant relationship. The...
- Landlords, Tenants Jockey for Position in Lease Negotiations. Bodamer, David // Retail Traffic Exclusive Insight;5/25/2011, p1
The article focuses on the optimism of the landlords and tenants in lease negotiations in the U.S. It notes the uncertain condition of the commercial real estate market due to the tough economic condition brought by the financial crisis. According to several real estate service executives,...
- GETTING REBORN IN PHOENIX. Bodamer, David // Retail Traffic;Jan2005, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p2
Features Biltmore Fashion Park in Phoenix, Arizona. Redesign of the exterior to establish a contemporary lifestyle center; Major tenants of the shopping center; Offer of attractive projects for prospective tenants to choose from.
- Smart retailers, smarter tenants. Gordon, Joanne // Chain Store Age;Feb98, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p146
Opinion. Presents the author's views about the implication of the ownership changes in shopping centers on the retail store tenants. Consolidation and acquisition trend in the industry as a driving force on ownership changes; International Council of Shopping Centers' (ICSC) conference and...
- American Fork retail center signing tenants at rapid clip. Taylor, Debbi // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/16/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the construction of the Meadows Shopping Center of American Fork in West Jordan, Utah as of August 2004. Tenants signed by the retail center; Expected date for the opening of the center; Features of the shopping center.