BJ's Wholesale goes west
- BJ's announces new merchandising efforts. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;12/16/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 23, p3
Reports the merchandising initiatives of BJ's Warehouse Club Inc. in Atlanta, Georgia. Increase in the number of in-club road shows; Recruitment of additional employees for certain service departments; Improvement of technical capacity.
- Takeover Bid Could Boost BJ's. HAMSTRA, MARK // SN: Supermarket News;6/27/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 26, p1
The article reports that the long-expected buyout offer for BJ's Wholesale Club is expected to strengthen the retailer's long-term prospects.
- BJ's earns industry kudos for strong position in consumables. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;1/1/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p52
Reports on the attention directed to BJ's Wholesales Club from retailers in the United States for its strong position in consumables. Target market of BJ's; Increase in the sales and net income of the company.
- Battle over Bronx BJ's store. Fernandez, Tommy // Crain's New York Business;11/21/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p9
The article reports that the fight to bring a 130,000-square-foot BJ's Wholesale Club Inc. to the Bronx, New York is heating up again. The battle lines illustrate the challenge officials face in balancing the shopping needs of residents with the survival fears of local businesses. Supporters say...
- BJ's launches restaurant supply concept. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;9/20/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 18, p1
Reports that BJ's Warehouse Club has launched Pro Foods, a restaurant supply operation, in the U.S. Statement of Amy Russ, spokeswoman of BJ's, on the opening of Pro Foods; Locations of the operation's facilities; Information on the background of BJ's.
- BJ's initiatives include bevy of private label. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;6/9/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p8
Reports that the BJ's Wholesale Club Inc. will continue, beyond 2003, to experiment with merchandising and is adding initiatives, or building on existing ones, in order to strengthen its positioning as the club with the consumer in mind. Examples of private labels that will be introduced by the...
- Moody's Downgrades BJ's Ratings. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;9/10/2012, p13
The article reports that credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service has downgraded the corporate family rating of retailer BJ's Wholesale Club to B2 from B1 in September 2012.
- On the spot, BJ's cultivates credibility. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;7/21/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 14, FOOD RETAILING. p4
Reports on the performance of the retailer BJ's Warehouse Club in the U.S. Decline in the shares of the company; Business strategy of the firm; Initiatives made by the retailer.
- BJ's staking out new ground with Wellsley Farms. // DSN Retailing Today;7/21/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 14, FOOD RETAILING. p11
Features the Wellsley Farms deli private label of retailer BJ's Wholesale Club Inc. in the U.S.