Coast to coast luxe
- THE COMMON AREA. // SCTWeek;7/6/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p7
The article offers news briefs related to business in the U.S. CapitaMalls Asia Ltd. establishes a 1 billion dollar fund called CapitaMalls China Development Fund III to invest in retail development in China. David T. Weinert resigns as senior vice president of leasing at Taubman Centers Inc.,...
- PEOPLE. // Chain Store Age;May2004, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p184
Presents an update on executive appointments in the U.S. retail trade as of May 2004. Roger Coville at Abercrombie & Fitch; Thomas Johnson at Movie Gallery; James Hogan at GE Commercial Finance; David Weinert at Taubman Centers Inc.
- THE COMMON AREA. // SCTWeek;9/14/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p8
The article offers updates in the retail industry. The Sydney, New South Wales-based Westfield Group hires David T. Weinert to manage its U.S. leasing unit. Emerging markets are forecasted to account for nearly 25 percent of global retail real estate investment by 2020. Simon Property Group Inc....
- luxe lingers. Johnson, Ben // Shopping Center World;Jul2002, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on the hopes of luxury retailers in the U.S. for a turnaround in sales in the second half of 2002. Expansion of the market for luxury goods; Sales performance of luxury retailers; Competition in the market for luxury goods.
- Slow Going for Luxe Firms in Europe. Socha, Miles // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/12/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 54, p2
Reports on decline in sales during the first half of year 2003 for luxury goods companies in Europe. Outlook of the companies for the second-half; Plan of executives to improve sales; Comparison of revenues by region.
- CULTIVATING A LUXURY RENAISSANCE. Wilson, Anamaria; Moin, David; Young, Kristin; Williamson, Rusty // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;Jun2004 Supp CFDA Fashion Swards, p42
Focuses on the efforts of luxury retailers in the U.S. to help improve the industry's market conditions in 2004. Launch of a collection shop by Bloomingdale's; Events sponsored by Bendel's to expand its designer's fashion line; Business performance of designer stores in Southwestern states.
- Lux central. French, Paul // China Economic Review (13506390);Sep2012, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p26
The article focuses on the growing number of Chinese brands entering in the London, England market. The author mentions that there is a growing number of Chinese people traveling across the world, particularly in England, to buy luxury items. He adds that the trends is benefecial to the retail...
- Emotional spending could prove boon to savvy high-end retailers. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;11/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p12
Focuses on the impact of emotional spending of consumers on high-end retailers. Increase in luxury spending; Top two luxury products; Forecasts of spending on personal appearance products and home exterior decoration.
- LUXURY GOODS FIRMS TARGET THE MIDDLE EAST. Smith, Pamela Ann // Middle East;Nov2000, Issue 306, p34
Focuses on the expansion of international retailers and luxury brand manufacturers to the Middle East. Increase in number of millionaires in the region; Impact of escalating oil prices on the economy of the Middle East; Openness of the Middle East to all levels of demand in the luxury goods...