A free cash flow explanation for the wealth effect of seasoned equity offerings
- Cash has to fight for respectability. Sakelaris, Linda Kay // Pensions & Investments;2/9/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the importance of cash in the stock market. Comments from Robert Rodriguez, chief investment officer of First Pacific Advisors in Los Angeles; Average liquidity of First Pacific for 1998.
- Stable value managers see cash flow growth. Barreto, Susan // Pensions & Investments;9/7/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p6
Reports that due to the stock market decline, stable value cash flows have increased in money managers portfolios in the United States. When the increase for PRIMCO Capital Management company in Louisville, Kentucky begun; Percentage of client accounts which show an increase in cash flows at...
- Index adjustments mean changes for some shares. Auer, Robert // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/23/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p32
Reports on the adjustment of major stock market indexes in the U.S. Factor attributing to the creation of cumulative money flows; Consideration of the stocks in the Standard & Poor's 500 as value vs. growth; Basis for stock market investment decisions.
- Reexamining the Robustness of the Market Value of Equity. Garza-Gómez, Xavier; Hodoshima, Jiro; Kunimura, Michio // Asia-Pacific Financial Markets;Jun2001, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p61
We apply the methodology of Knez and Ready (KR) (1997) to data from the Japanese stock market and reexamine the robustness of the risk premium for the market value of equity (MVE). In particular, we compare two alternative explanations for the relation between stock returns and MVE: the one...
- Investigating the Effects of Stable Profitability and Free Cash Flow on Stock Returns of Companies Listed in Tehran Stock Exchange. VAKILIFARD, Hamid Reza; SHAHMORADI, Nassim // International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Financ;Jul2014, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p21
Given economical conditions being dominated in Iran and recent changes in domestic industries, the attention given by different groups, specifically by investors and financial analysts, to the status of enterprises and especially their efficiency has been multiplied. The managers, on the other...
- Equity- And Entity-Based Multiples In Emerging Markets: Evidence From The JSE Securities Exchange. Nel, W. S.; Bruwer, B. W.; le Roux, N. J. // Journal of Applied Business Research;May/Jun2013, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p829
Analysts typically distinguish between equity- and entity-based approaches when employing the free cash flow model to perform equity valuations. However, when multiples are used to perform equity valuations, analysts often neglect to distinguish between equity- and entity-based approaches. In...
- SOME DISCLOSURE ASPECTS REGARDING CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS. Andreea, Cîrstea; Alexandra-Carmen, Baltariu // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;Jul2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1171
The purpose of this article is to analyze the current state of consolidated reporting practice harmonization concerning the choice of presenting the income statement, the changes in equity, the methods used for presenting the cash flow statement, the extant methods for evaluating and reporting...
- Cash Flows Slowing To Stable-Value Funds. Barreto, Susan // Pensions & Investments;12/14/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p28
Focuses on the negative cash flows reported by firms that experienced a boost in transfers to stable-value accounts in the United States in August and September 1998. Cash flow as a percentage of total assets; Growth of the stock market in the country; Plan that had positive inflows to its...
- Off the Wall. Mulqueen, John T. // Interactive Week;4/30/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p39
Comments on the volatility of the stock market. Companies and sectors with stock problems; Causes of the stock market volatility; Key factors that can be used in estimating future cash flows and the value of a business.