The intra-industry information effect of downsizing announcements
- Efficient public sector downsizing. Rama, Martin // Finance & Development;Sep97, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p40
Provides information on strategies that can be implemented to successfully carry out public sector downsizing. Importance of downsizing to economic reform efforts; Detailed information on downsizing; Conclusion reached. INSET: Downsizing in Ecuador's central bank..
- Where managers will go. // Fortune;1/27/1992, Vol. 125 Issue 2, p50
Examines how the recession has forced corporations to eliminate millions of managerial jobs, and how successful survivors have found niches born of change. Discusses new global managerial roles designed by companies for the next century; Changes in manager's contracts with employers; Laid-off...
- Last to know, first to go. Els, Frik // Finance Week;10/12/2001, p36
Focuses on the increasing job cuts in the information technology industry. Impact of economic uncertainty and pressures on company profits; Focus of companies on retrenchment as cost-cutting tool; Need for managers to focus on savings on hardware and software.
- Dear Employee: Please Go, Please Stay. Hagevik, Sandra // Journal of Environmental Health;Mar2001, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p48
Features a research done by the Global Strategy Group on employee retainment and retrenchment. Reasons of human resources professionals for downsizing; Projections of the largest organizations on the increase of downsizings in the next three years; Decrease in the negative effects of downsizing.
- Buyouts: If you don't jump, will you get pushed? // Christian Science Monitor;9/30/97, Vol. 89 Issue 214, p8
Looks at buyout offers from employers who are downsizing. Comments from Gary Dietz, managing principal of Towers Perrin, a human resources consulting firm; Assessing buyouts on the industry level; Estimates for the number of employees in the United States that are offered buyouts every year;...
- Now you are out. Vogelstein, Fred; Thomas, Susan Gregory // U.S. News & World Report;02/02/98, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p41
Notes that AT&T plans to cut 12 to 15 percent of its work force, as of February 2, 1998. Company's new leader, C. Michael Armstrong; Broad cuts.
- Expense-Cutting Pays Off for ABN Amro. // American Banker;11/5/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 212, p24
Reports on the rise in profit by ABN Amro Holding NV as of November 2002. Job cuts; How expense-cutting helped the profits; Outlook.
- The myth and realities of downsizing. Abbasi, Sami M.; Hollman, Kenneth W. // Records Management Quarterly;Apr98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p31
Examines the economic impact of downsizing to the workers of companies in the United States. Benefits of downsizing; People who are affected in downsizing; Guidelines on how to reduce the trauma of downsizing.
- BFGoodrich Overhauls Specialties Unit. SCHERAGA, DAN // Chemical Market Reporter;02/22/99, Vol. 255 Issue 8, p3
Reports that BFGoodrich Company has undertaken a restructuring program for its performance materials business. Annual savings expected to be generated by the project; Streamlining operations; Expected completion of the company's proposed merger with Coltec Industries.