FDA decisions on new drug applications and the market value of pharmaceutical firms
- Washington letter. // DCI;May95, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the reactions of the drug industry analysts on the possible privatization of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- NEW DOSING STRENGTH. // Drug Topics;11/17/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 22, p78
Reports that Ivax Laboratories has updated its packaging for Nasarel Nasal Spray to reflect the Food and Drug Administration-labeling change in the U.S.
- FDA states policy on pharmacy compounding. Young, Donna // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/1/2002, Vol. 59 Issue 13, p1222
Reports on U.S. Food and Drug Administration's decision to issue a compliance policy guide for pharmacy compounding. Publishing of the guideline in the agency's web site; Criticisms of the pharmacies against the guidelines.
- News Briefs. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;3/15/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p546
Presents news briefs related to various developments in the pharmaceutical industry as of March 2003. Approval given by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration on the marketing of a traumatic wound dressing made from chitosan derived from Shrimp; Reduction in the risks of hospitalization and death...
- Dateline Washington. Blake, Kevin // Consumers' Research Magazine;Sep99, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the ruling of a federal judge that the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) cannot stop the pharmaceutical industry from encouraging physicians to use medications for off-label purposes. Impact of the ruling on FDA; Example of off-label benefits.
- Pharmaceuticals. Montague, Jim // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;12/20/96, Vol. 70 Issue 24, p12
Reports on complaints by pharmaceutical firms and medical device manufacturers about the delay in the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) approval of drugs and equipment. FDA's response to the complaints.
- Silicone oil approved. // Ophthalmology Times;8/7/95, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p14
Presents pharmaceutically-related news from the Food and Drug Administration as of August 7, 1995. Approval of Chiron Vision Corp.'s application for Adatomed Silicone Oil OP5000; Joint proposal by the Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America and Biotechnology Industry Organization.
- GDA Launches Major Review of CGMPs. Wechsler, Jill // Pharmaceutical Technology North America;Oct2002, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the launching of initiative 'Pharmaceutical current good manufacturing practices (GGMPs) for the 21st Century: A Risk-Based Approach,' by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Impact of product quality on drug manufacturing and government regulatory processes; Changes in government...
- THE FDA'S PHILOSOPHICAL BIAS. Dickinson, James G. // Medical Marketing & Media;Mar2002, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the failure of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to provide guidance on the labeling of drug products. Acceptability of off-label uses in drug companies; Problems associated with off-label promotion of drugs; Role of drug manufacturer in the dissemination of reprints of articles...
- FDA approval data show mixed results. // Medical Marketing & Media;Mar2002, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the creation of standards for approval of drug applications by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Improvement of safety in drug industry; Assessment of the threat of bioterrorism; Factors affecting drug development.