Dividend omissions: Rationale and market impact
- Expiring Tax Cuts May Accelerate Executive Comp Payments. Miller, Stephen // HR Magazine;Sep2010, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p13
The article reports on the plan of many U.S. companies to increase executive compensation payouts previously planned for 2011 or later as a series of tax reductions passed by the administration of former U.S. President George W. Bush is about to expire at the end of 2010.
- Attn: The Corner Office -- Why U.S. Firms Should Pay Special Dividends Before Year-End 2010. Briginshaw, John // Graziadio Business Review;Oct2010, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p1
The article focuses on the need for companies in the U.S. to pay special dividends before year-end 2010. It mentions the decrease of company's accounting on stockholder's equity and assets when a dividend has been declared by a company. It states that the impact of funding large special...
- Keeping Tabs. // DRIP Investor;Mar2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p9
No abstract available.
- Keeping Tabs. // DRIP Investor;Jun2002, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p9
Lists companies in the U.S. offering no-load stock programs compiled as of June 2002. Company names; Features of dividend reinvestment plans in which investors may make initial purchases from the company; Implications for business and economics.
- Tompkins Financial Corporation declares cash dividend. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/2/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p19
The article reports on the announcement from Tompkins Financial Corp., a financial holding company in Ithaca, New York and the parent for several companies including Tompkins Trust Company and The Bank of Castile. The announcement is related to the payment of a cash dividend to the company's...
- On the Bench. Peters, Josh // Morningstar DividendInvestor;Feb2006, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p5
Presents information on the dividend portfolio of several business enterprises in the U.S. in January 2006. Rating of stocks added to Piedmont Natural Gas; Stocks valuation of Eli Lilly & Co.; Price of the stocks of TCF Financial.
- A tax lawyer's response to Bush proposal. Saxon, Donald R. // New Hampshire Business Review;1/24/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p1B
Analyzes the effect of eliminating the tax on dividends on the economy in the U.S. Ambiguity on the positive effect of the tax elimination; Business growth of people with dividend-paying tax; Employment rate.
- Keeping Tabs. // DRIP Investor;Feb2013, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p9
The article alphabetically lists all companies in the U.S., which offers No-Load Stock of dividend reinvestment plans (DRIP) and permits initial direct purchases, along with their contact number including AbbVie Inc., Bank of America Corp. and Calamos Assset Management Inc.
- Keeping Tabs. // DRIP Investor;Apr2013, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p9
The article lists U.S. companies which offers reinvestment plans involving initial purchases which includes AbbVie, Bre Properties, and Dunkin' Brands.