Budget Impasse Hits $600 Million Kentucky Trans Deal
- California Shows Deficits Need Not Imperil Debt Service. Rosenstiel, Paul // Bond Buyer;7/26/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33355, p31
In this article the author discusses the success of California in managing budget deficits from 2009-2010. He notes that the state's management of budget deficits shows how their potential impact on debt service can be prevented. He emphasizes that such success increased the state's cash...
- Powering Through Global Headwinds. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Aug2010, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on Lebanon's development particularly its resistance to global pressure. It states that the country saw a ratings upgrade showing the fall in national debt and compression of budget deficits. It also mentions the country's economic priority in the reduction of liabilities...
- California's $2B GO Sale Starts Today. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31822, p1
Reports on the trading of general obligation bond by the state of California. Revisitation of the traditional debt service; Investment of the state's accumulated budget deficits; Launch of television advertising campaign.
- Colombia: Fiscal Deficit To Delay Investment Upgrade. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/18/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p10
The article presents forecasts for Colombia. Following larger than expected 2011 budget expenditure plans announced by President Juan Manuel Santos, forecasts on the central government's nominal deficit was changed from 4.0% to 4.3% of the gross domestic product (GDP) in 2010, 4.1% in 2011 and...
- N.Y. Deficit Stalemate Continues; Gov. Paterson Plans to Act Alone. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/1/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33225, p3
The article reports on Governor David Paterson's plans to solve budget deficit in New York. At his budget gap talks on November 30, 2009, he announced that he would act administratively to close the state's 1.6 billion dollars of its 3.2 billion dollars fiscal deficit in 2010. Some of his moves...
- ARKANSAS: Pine Bluff SD Shrinks Gap. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/26/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32658, p9
The article reports that Pine Bluff School District No. 3 trustees in Arkansas have learned that they will face a deficit of up to $1 million in 2007, which is lower that projected. In February 2006, voters approved a $29.4 million bond issue for a plan to reduce the district's campuses from 15...
- Pakistan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/14/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p21
Reports on the financial performance of Pakistan during the fiscal year 1998 to 1999. Deficit; Gross domestic product; Foreign debt; Problem of debt servicing.
- New York MTA projects big deficits. // Railway Age;Dec2003, Vol. 204 Issue 12, p22
Forecasts the possible impact of the increasing debt-service cost on the operating deficits of the railroad service of the New York Metropolitan Authority by 2005. Comment from MTA Chairman Peter Kalikow on the financial plan of the agency; Role of the agency.
- Economic Risk: Rising Deficit To Heighten Debt Burden. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Dec2009, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the economic risk of heightened debt burden facing Brazil as it experiences rising deficit. It notes that the general government fiscal balance is deteriorating leading to a deficit of 5,763 million (mn) real in September 2009. The rise in deficit resulted from the...