After Victory, Reno Sells $114M for Rail Trench
- Using a Preliminary Notice to Collect on Payment Bonds. Abdulaziz, Sam K. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Sep2002, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p8
Discusses the judgment of the appellate court in Placer County, California regarding a payment bond required on a public works project. Relevance of the bond in private works of improvement; Preliminary notice statutes for public and private works rewritten by the California Legislature in...
- Flagstaff Eyes Go Package. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/22/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33337, p9
The article reports on the 86.2 million dollars general obligation funds intended to finance public works center, municipal court facility and an expansion of an existing radio system for public safety agencies in Flagstaff, Arizona.
- Prop. 13, the 2000 Version: Largest Water Bond Ever. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;03/06/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p17
Focuses on Proposition 13 water bond in California. Provision of nearly $2 billion for infrastructure and related environmental projects; Placing of measure on the ballot in 1999 with the approval of the state Legislature and Governor Gray Davis; Opponents' pointing out of the costliness of the...
- Fayetteville, N.C., Issuing $8.7M for Public Works Commission. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p7
Focuses on the amount of the general obligation bonds issued by the city officials of Fayetteville to the office of the state's Public Works Commission in North Carolina. Increase of water supply; Way of competing in a deregulated power market; Expansion of public funds.
- Oklahoma Authority to decide on RFPs for $318 million of road, prison debt. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30179, p6
Discloses that the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority board of directors is expected to issue two requests for proposals for $300 million of highway bonds and an $18 million prison bond transaction. Lawmakers' approval of a $1 billion highway package during the Oklahoma Legislature's 1997...
- Jefferson County, Ala., voters reject public works project. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30452, p1
Reports that voters rejected a proposed revenue bonds-funded public works project in Jefferson County, Alabama. Business leaders and politicians support of the plan; Depiction of the plan as more beneficial to private business; Electoral participation in the referendum.
- Midwest Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;03/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30854, p27
Focuses on issues related to bonds in the Middle West. Introduction of Central Loop tax increment financing bond deal to fund downtown improvements in Chicago; Offer of limited-tax general obligation bonds by East Maine District for school improvement projects; Plans of Lawrence Technological...
- New Orleans plans water, sewer deals. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;10/27/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30508, p24
Reports on a series of bond deals planned by the government of New Orleans, Louisiana to help the city refund its debt and pay for water and sewer projects. Schedule of the competitive sale of the bonds; Names of the investment companies that will managed the refunding deals.
- Connecticut to Sell $200 Million in Special-Tax Bonds Next Week. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;11/13/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31761, p6
Reports on the sale of the special tax obligation (STO) bonds of Connecticut in connection of the annual sale of its transportation bonds. Implication of STO for the series of bonds issued under the special tax obligation program; Aid of the transportation infrastructure program in financing...